Stock Car Extreme won't start after reinstall

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Hi,
I tried to run SCE last night after a long time not playing it but it wouldn't run - in the TaskManager an entry would appear for a few seconds but would then disappear with nothing happening. I did the sync operation but it still wouldn't run after that. Therefore today I completely uninstalled and redownloaded the whole thing (non-Steam). I have updated it again to the latest version but it is STILL not running and it does the same thing where it appears in the TaskManager list but then immediately disappears.

I have done nothing to it apart from add some downloaded tracks into the Locations folder.

I have run GSConfig and added my usual settings. This is very weird because it has run before with no problem but now won't run after a reinstall?

My system:
i5 4670K
HD7850
8Gb RAM
Windows 7 64bit

Does anyone have any ideas?

OK something weird is happening. Sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't. If I restart my machine and immediately run SCE from cold it will start. If I close it and then run it again it won't work. It does the TaskManager thing again.

I figured it out. It was my anti-virus software. Apparently it doesn't like GSC.exe. The reason it started after a reboot was presumably because I was clicking the icon before my anti-virus software started working (Lavasoft Ad-aware).
Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back