Stock Car Extreme v1.52 RELEASED

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Stock Car Extreme V1.52 is now available on Steam & via GSC Sync!

This update brings some further bug fixes & small improvements.

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.52 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download the V1.52 update package from the links below:

SCE V1.52 Update

FULL SCE V1.51 Installer (needs all 7 parts adding up to 11gb, please note it includes only StockV8 2014 season, missing 2013):

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

Mirror 1:

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

Mirror 2:

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
PART 7

IMPORTANT!!

If you have any issues getting the game to run, please make sure to consult the troubleshooting thread and all the recommendations in the opening post.

Main changelog for v1.52:

Features & Fixes:

• Added automatic rotation support for Fanatec Clubsport V2;
  • Added DRS & tire compound state to replays;
  • Fixed F-Retro error in Dedicated tool;
  • Added onboard starter to SuperV8;
  • Fixed fog not working over grass blades;
  • Adjusted SuperV8 collision mesh;
  • AI callibration run-through for all series;
  • Minor physics adjustments for F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3 & karts;
  • Fixed Safety Car position at Montreal modern;
  • Made main menu series selection arrows red for better visibility.
Please note that due to replay code changes, older replay files will no longer be recognized by v1.52.

Please keep discussions and questions about v1.52 here - if you´re not sure about a problem you´re encountering, this is the place to discuss it.

If you have a bug to report please use the bug report thread. (make sure o check the opening post).

Last edited:
With lots of international leagues on Saturday afternoon and no notice of an update. There is legitimate grounds for a complaint

No there's not because they could have prevented the update with their own actions by disallowing Steam to update games during certain hours.
Bitching about devs working with and improving their product IS ungrateful and shows entitlement and has no legitimate grounds.

No there's not because they could have prevented the update with their own actions by disallowing Steam to update games during certain hours.
Bitching about devs working with and improving their product IS ungrateful and shows entitlement and has no legitimate grounds.

Pissed off about somethin? ';) Fanboyism has hit Gsce, oh well.

Huh why so mad dude? It was a legit complaint, not only a complaint, more like a concern. My SCE does not update but some people forgot to do it.
Updating at a time like 8am CET in a monday would hit literally nobody as we'd be sleeping in North America/Brazil, EU people would be working and people in Australia about to arrive home and most week day leagues start 20:00 or 21:00
If this is being legitimate ungrateful please seek for help.

Huh why so mad dude? It was a legit complaint, not only a complaint, more like a concern. My SCE does not update but some people forgot to do it.
Updating at a time like 8am CET in a monday would hit literally nobody as we'd be sleeping in North America/Brazil, EU people would be working and people in Australia about to arrive home and most week day leagues start 20:00 or 21:00
If this is being legitimate ungrateful please seek for help.

Funny how you think I'm mad because I disagree with you, what a big man you are.

You can prevent steam from updating games at any selected hours. It's not Reiza's concern if you don't know how to use steam client.

What an ace comeback! Sure makes you look smart.

Give me a minute tryin' to think of a good comeback.....

images

Although the update coming out of left field could/has affected things, the oddest thing I personally found concern with was the change of the arrow colors from yellow to red, it seems too strong IMO, like 'if I left it on the main screen long enough, that could burn into my monitor' kind of strong, like what'd happen with old monitors from years ago.

I liked the change of color for the lcd display from yellow to white, that was nice, but I don't get that feeling from this one. Stupid thing to nit-pick but it's late and I'm just babbling at this point. :sleep:

Also waiting for the Formula V10 :cautious:

Oh my the frustration is rather amusing. How perilous it is to improve one's product.

For me losing replays isn't that big of a deal. Sure race replays are a bummer but that can be swallowed. For hotlaps and how to attack the lap I always use telemetry that's saved combined with screencaps of all my best laps in practice or race, that way I can look back and see if I'm even in line with my former times.

Stats were actually salvageable if one remembers to copy paste bits back into their new profiles from the old ones. This is I think the first properly unrecoverable change to ones vault of nostalgia and memories.

GUYS!!.....Hey , a lot of us here have multiple installs. We keep these multiple installs for reasons exactly like this. You only need one extra install and keep it vanilla if you want just in case. I have my Steam install , but I have 2 others installed with numerous mods and so forth. If I run into an issue with one , I delete it , re-install from scratch ( I kept all the different versions ) and update it to the version I wish to have.

Do yourself a favor and install a second version for back up!

OR....go through every game on your steam account and just turn off automatic updates.

The game / sim has to move forward. But that's what has to happen.

OR....go through every game on your steam account and just turn off automatic updates.
This is the ideal. Personally no updates in SCE should stop people from racing (maybe the 1.50 did) just the bad timing was a problem.
But does this work with SCE? I had AC set to not update and the loading screen kept changing the game version to the one being released and as Steam download updates even in offline mode I was not confident it was not being updated at all. I'm not sure because it was the small updates like, from 1.34 to 1.35, not something with extra content so I couldn't check it for real (and I don't keep AC, I install, test, uninstall)

The point is , this sim is called a " beta ". It will go through changes , which is the only way to keep making it better.

Before The steam launch , I got caught off guard with a couple of the updates. Different mods I really liked , that wouldn't work with a certain new version. But I could keep running those specific mods or tracks that hadn't been updated by the creator because they weren't compatiable. Sooner or later when the mod got updated , then I would just slide it on over to my new and current version of GSCE.

It a game which is called a " beta "( The Steam version )....things are going to change. They have too. They need to. We all want the sim to progress into something really great. Think of it as a train rolling by....don't get left behind. And don't let it catch you off guard and keep a second install a couple versions back from the current.

Heck I just looked at one of my old installs and it's still sitting at V1.38. The other one if I remember right is still in the V1.20 something.

Another huge plus of having an extra 1 , 2 or even three separate installs is , to keep them running smooth. There are so many mods , tracks , skins , ect.....that just one install gets cluttered and acts buggy. Or just won't work. It's a lot easier to keep track of everything.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%