Stock Car Extreme v1.33 Released!

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios

Videos using SweetFX - grab it with our settings here.

First a small note to let you all know we have some big news coming up shortly which should make june a very important month for GSCE - watch this space!

In the meantime we thought you might enjoy some cool new toys to play with for this last weekend of may :)

V1.33 Info below:

INSTALLATION (Non-Steam users):

Update to v1.33 by running GSC Sync.

If you are having any trouble updating via GSC Sync, you may download all the update packages from the links below:

v1.25
v1.252
v1.27
v1.30
v1.31
v1.33

NOTE: If you are manually updating from a v1.21 base install, you will need to install all the above packages in succession.

Main changelog for v1.33:

Content

Cars:
  • Added 250cc Superkart series (make sure to set steering rotation between 180º-220º for accurate steering ratio)
Track:
  • Added Kansai (2 layouts)
Features & fixes:
  • Improved AI paths for Interlagos (all layouts);
  • Fixed fuel estimates for Guaporé;
  • Updated curb sounds for Marcas;
  • Various minor physics & AI updates;
  • Minor optimization for Buenos Aires.

Please direct your bug reports to this thread.

For issues installing / running / setting up GSCE, please refer to our FAQ , and our GUIDES first before posting.

It's not really that important, Alex...You're too kind. :)
Anyway, here's a screen from my perspective :
2h66bgh.jpg

Not really a 1.33 problem (had it on 1.31 as well), but since I swapped my AMD 6950 graphics card for an nVidia GTX 970 I cannot start GSC Config anymore. Task manager shows gsc config.exe is running for 3 seconds and then it's gone again. Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks for Ver.1.33 update, Reiza Studios.
Just driven "250cc Superkart" @ Kansai (Suzuka), and I'm speechless with the qualities of the physics and the track.
It's not hard to drive, but feels realistic and fun to drive. Really amazing work. I'm going to enjoy more races with this car on other tracks, too.
Thank you! :)

Great job again Reiza on the Karts and the new track, both are lovely.
Thanks again! :)

Noticed the AI are terrible with the combo though, around kansai they were just diving off the track like lemmings (with BBC producers etc).

It's not really that important, Alex...You're too kind. :)
Anyway, here's a screen from my perspective :
2h66bgh.jpg
I see you're getting the same texture corruption on the tacho and floor tray as I am.

Also, is anybody else getting random crashes all the time when trying to enter a race?

Update....it was another mod messing with the kart mod. Uninstalled the MOD and now everything is good.

Last edited:
Part of the "big news" refered in the opening post are indeed related to our ability to more easily develop the code from now on, but this will be subject to another topic.
I'm guessing that rather than just using the ISI engine, you're now able to do what Sector3 (Simbin, Blimey) and I believe SMS as well (correct me if I'm wrong) have done and continue to do, which is to be allowed by ISI to actually make core-engine programming changes to the ISI engine.

The only difference is that I believe Sector3 (and Simbin, Blimey and I believe SMS) have the rights to an old pre-RF1 ISI engine - that's why, for example, none of their games ever had, and continue to not have, the ability to do proper triple screen rendering (AKA "multiview" which ISI added to RF1 in 2006 or 2007) - while you guys (Rieza), on the other hand, will - as far as I know - be the only company with the rights to the RF1 engine (not to mention, the latest version of it which has been slightly updated even from RF1 itself) :)

I'm also guessing that this decision - and a very exciting decision at that - was made due to not being able to implement your game changes through plugins (the only way to "change" the game without touching the core engine coding itself) as well as you guys had hoped for...

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude...
But it's all meaningless without fixed points.
Enough with new cars & tracks, shaders etc. until you find solution for basic thing like points score.
Sorry... the game is great. :)
But we waited long enough. :mad:

Last edited:
I'm guessing that rather than just using the ISI engine, you're now able to do what Sector3 (Simbin, Blimey) and I believe SMS as well (correct me if I'm wrong) have done and continue to do, which is to be allowed to actually make core-engine programming changes.

The only difference is that I believe Sector3 (and Simbin, Blimey and I believe SMS) have the rights to an old pre-RF1 ISI engine - that's why, for example, none of their games ever had, and continue to not have, the ability to do proper triple screen rendering (AKA "multiview" which ISI added to RF1 in 2006 or 2007) - while you guys (Rieza), on the other hand, will - as far as I know - be the only company with the rights to the RF1 engine (not to mention, the latest version of it which has been slightly updated even from RF1 itself) :)

I'm also guessing that this decision - and a very exciting decision at that - was made due to not being able to implement your game changes through plugins (the only way to "change" the game without touching the core engine coding itself) as well as you guys had hoped for...

Would be great for Reiza if this is the case. Writing code on top of other code is not a lot of fun.

so could this mean that Reiza and GSC could match RF2 for sim dynamics (better ai, realroad, contact patch model, flatspotting etc).

On the other hand would ISI want the competition?!. Reiza with a new rf2 "like" engine could be unstoppable!>

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%