Stock Car Extreme Releases 1.48 Beta, Fixes Championship Scoring

stock.jpg
Reiza Studios have published a new backer-only beta for Stock Car Extreme. Version 1.48 beta is now live on Steam and is 753MB in size.

This update is the first one to be compiled in-house, and the developers have removed all instances of code injection. As such, v1.48 fixes some long-standing bugs like the championship scoring bug and adds many interesting features like correct steering rotation being set automatically on a per car basis. Reiza Studios has recommended starting a new player profile and creating new control presets as old files might cause problems.

The Lancer Cup and Velo Città circuit are also included. The beta update is only available for those who have backed Reiza's Indiegogo crowdfunding, but obviously these updates will eventually be pushed to the main client.

Changelog:
  • Added Mitsubishi Lancer Cup Series (Lancer R & RS models, recommended to run with TC & ABS on low as per the real car)
  • Added Velo Cittá Circuit (2 layouts);
  • Added support to 6 USB controller devices (increasing the previous limit of 3);
  • Added feature to automatically adjust Steering Rotation for each vehicle so use no longer needs to exit game and manually adjust controller rotation (see recommendations above);
  • Added option to adjust steering rotation in garage menu & adjusted default steering lock settings to provide a suitable default steering ratio for all cars (Custom Steer Rotation must be set to NO in controller menu);
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting anti-roll bars from in-car (for the cars that have the option: Stock Car V8, Super V8, F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-V12, F-Classic )
  • Added option to map commands for adjusting Vertical FOV from in-car;
  • Tweaked AI to perform less strategical mistakes (such as pitting in the last lap);
  • Rewritten all car classes from the previous standard ReizaXX to a nomenclature that better represents their respective series;
  • Introduced native support to 9-speed gearboxes & fixed bug which would lead to F-Extreme occasionally disappearing when hitting 8th gear in a multiplayer section;
  • AI drivers now use 8th gear & DRS;
  • Added "Opponents Filter" option to quick race menu (for multiclass racing)
  • Replaced AI aggression UI slider with a set of presets low-to-max (max being 50% agression in old currency to prevent AI misbehavior in overly agressive settings);
  • Fixed bug with other cars occasionally "inheriting" 8 gears, DRS functionality from F-Extreme
  • Fixed championship scoring bug;
  • Fixed bug with AI behavior being over agressive with the throttle on corner exit leading to occasionally losing control;
  • Revised AI performance for all cars (balancing for consistency from car to car, track to track, session to session) - still in progress;
  • Updated ambient, curb, road & grass roll noise for all cars;
  • Minor aero & tires revision in all cars;
  • Revised realfeel values to reduce FFB clipping;
  • Tweaked alpha channels in skins from Metalmoro MR18, Opala86, SuperV8, StockV8 series to reduce excessive shiny look;
  • Minor graphical optimization;
  • Fixed behavior of driver labels.

Last edited by a moderator:
For SCE 2016, probably.

There are no karts or kart tracks announced in the campaign.

There has been an announcement on FB meanwhile, that the great looking indoor Speedland kart track at Sao Paolo has also simulators on site for people to play with. The software used is SCE and they are currently running a hotlap competition there. If i understand correctly the winner wins a real Kart or smth...

I wonder if this partnership is a sign of the track being a strong candidate to make it into the game eventually. ;)

For SCE 2016, probably.

There are no karts or kart tracks announced in the campaign.

There has been an announcement on FB meanwhile, that the great looking indoor Speedland kart track at Sao Paolo has also simulators on site for people to play with. The software used is SCE and they are currently running a hotlap competition there. If i understand correctly the winner wins a real Kart or smth...

I wonder if this partnership is a sign of the track being a strong candidate to make it into the game eventually. ;)
Can i hire you? LOLOL

but thats the indoor/outdoor rental kart track right?

if it is then i am disappointed. :( :p

One Final question about the karts @Reiza Studios, Why doesn't the 125cc Shifter Kart have a shifter behind the wheel? it is Obvious that the Shifter kart is a KZ1/2 kart but those karts have a shifter in real life

Example

CHA-BEE-003_f.jpg

Last edited:
Nice detective work Jan

Hehe. :)

but thats the indoor/outdoor rental kart track right?

Aha, yes, it does look like it. Probably not the best pick then. I can see it being fun, though. Looks like smth special. I find the slower karts very enjoyable and they require precision and control as well.

For a multi-class simulator, I think there's a great kart/kart track variety already in SCE. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back