Stock Car Extreme bug report thread (READ THE OPENING POST)

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.50 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to our v1.50 troubleshooting thread, and our GUIDES . If you need further assistance use the v1.50 release thread or email support@reizastudios.com (please allow for up to 1 business day for a reply).

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: All
Car Used: All
Report: The FFB with my Accuforce is very odd since the update. Normally the wheel is pretty tight and stiff when a car is not moving or the first few meters out of the pit, which is vanishing by speed. Since the update this resistance is permanent and kills all FFB-life. Doesn´t help to start without Sim Commander, but this problem disappears with Foundation FFB (it´s an alternative FFB based on the telemetry data), so it´s a pure ingame-bug. But this mode is boring in GSC, so i would like to enjoy the ingame FFB again.

Perhaps I´m not making it clear enough, because once again the thread has devolved into a convoluted web of parallel discussions, with only the odd proper bug report here and there.

Again: this is not the topic to discuss issues (actual or presumed), to ask for help nor to vent frustration about these issues - you are welcome to do all that in the release thread, or to ask for help in the troubleshooting thread where these discussions and clarifications belong - this topic is for users objectively report on the issues they have found while running the game, including all the information relevant to reproduce the issue to help us do something about it. You may elect to use the format from the opening post or not, but that´s the only type of post that should exist in this thread.

Just so you guys understand why that is: At various points during development of a new version we´ll tackle these threads hunting for bug reports. We have had several of these by now but every time we have to navigate through 10 posts of chatter and complaints to get into a proper, constructive bug report we can use (or give a position on, if it happens to be a problem we can´t deal with), and it´s getting worse despite all the pleas for people to observe the topic rules.

I´m locking this topic for now until I have had the chance to clean it up some so we can resume again, and from that point onwards any post that is not a proper bug report will be moved to the proper place or deleted altogether. Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way but without a modicum of organization we can´t really use this topic.

This post is in no way intended to minimize criticism nor stop people from venting frustration when they run into problems - we are very aware that running into issues can be frustrating, and we understand that comes with the territory particularly after a new release. You should too - we are a very small team and bugs and screw-ups are bound to happen sometimes but we generally feel we have a good record of cleaning up after them. Please use this topic to help us do just that.

Last edited:
There we go, a lean, mean bug report thread we can use. Now please let´s keep discussions in the v1.50 release thread (including about potential issues so we can try to identify them), help requests in the troubleshooting thread, and actual bug reports here and we´ll get on with the bug squashing ASAP.

Sorry for that little rant gents and for those who had posts deleted, I really don´t like doing that but I hope you can see what my point is now.

Last edited:
Unless Reiza is not saying around here if this is true or not, I cant find this information anywhere either.
I´ve already asked this same question on this same forum, no response from Reiza, but others gave some answers and nobody know what this problem is about...nobody ever heard about it.

I´ve only heard about this problem at R2P, everywhere the original content is used with no problems at all, only the ocasional ones that happens from time to time, but nothing that prevents the use of original content.

I would like to know about this aswell.

No such issues we are aware of.

It´s also important pointing out that the Steam instability refers solely to running the Dedicated server tool (not about multiplayer itself which should be as stable as ever with both Steam / NonSteam versions).

Track & Layout Used: any
Car Used: any
Applicable Settings: AI set to any
Report: Talent files seem to be ignored by AI
Steps to reproduce Set Speed=1 in the talent .rcd file of a particular driver, this should slow them crawling pace, was working before update

Track & Layout Used: seems to be most tracks
Car Used: SuperV8
Applicable Settings: full graphics
Report: seems to be semi transparent rectangles at long distance of where the exhaust flames would normally be
Steps to reproduce: try looking at replay on Cordoba out of turn 1 using track cams

mdM1Jwa.jpg

Track & Layout Used: any
Car Used: Mitsubishi Lancer R & RS and SuperV8.
Applicable Settings: Any
Report: Starter doesn´t work outside pitlane and both cars should have onboard starter.

Track & Layout Used: Velo Citta
Car Used: F_V12
Applicable Settings: any
Report: Most car textures dont work. Its only blank red.
Steps to reproduce Take a V12 car and start on Velo Citta.

SCE_150_V12_Bug.JPG

Last edited:
Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Formula Extreme
Applicable Settings: Any, I'm using a G27
Report: Sometimes after spinning, the rotation settings reset to a different setting than the correct one, making it necessary to go back to the monitor. After going to the monitor, the car goes back to normal.
Steps to reproduce: Take the Formula Extreme out, spin. The issue should occur after a couple of spins.

Track & Layout Used: It's happened at every track I've raced on, so It's not track dependent.
Car Used: Any
Applicable Settings: High graphics
Report: Insane amount of shadow glitching
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650Ti
OP: Windows 10
Steps to reproduce:
Go out on any track/car and do some laps, as the time goes on shadows will start flicking like crazy and glitching all over the place, massive dark shadows start appearing where they shouldn't, like midway down a straight which is very distracting. I'm pretty certain it is not an issue on my side as I never really have any problems with any other games and I keep everything up to date
Also getting the issue user "Rob Fitness" is getting, among many others which is very surprising considering its not really a new game and runs on a 10 year old engine, amazing game but the amount of bugs..jesus

Track & Layout Used:N/A
Car Used:N/A
Applicable Settings: Audio Tecnhica ATH-M50x Headphones. I have turned the music of in the menu.
Report: A very low buzz/whine sound whilst scrolling through the menus or options in the garage menu on track through my headphones,the sound will change whilst moving your mouse around and in different menu tabs, so annoying! what is this noise and how do I get rid of it?
Steps to reproduce: go through the menus and move your mouse around in the menus with the music off.

Also another sound related issue,some weird sound glitch when you hit the limiter on certain cars, like the 2014 v8 cars, what the hell is that? It sounds like some speakers are about to break, nothing like hitting a rev limiter.
Update: Okay, the sound is in fact coil whine (from my GPU im guessing) being picked up by my headphones because the FPS shoots up to 1000+ in the menus..there should be an automatic fps limiter in menus only.

That's me done reporting most of the big issues I encountered, thanks for taking your time to read them!

Last edited:
Dont know if this is a bug or not, but is about the Map Plugin.

So I ask...how to permanently disable it?
I press Ctrl+M to turn it off, is fine, but when I load the Sim another time it turns on automatically again.

Guys, this still giving me some headaches.
To get rid of the Map Plugin for once, I followed the instructions from Reiza, deleting the d3d9.dll file.
However, it seems this file have some other purposes, and is causing mismatches in some cases when I dont have it (GTR Brasil servers, for instance).
Also the ALT+M key to turn if off is conflicting with Motec Plugin keys, so Im kind of lost here.
Would be really nice if was like before, key pad 0 turn it off and thats it.

Needless to say that the solution on the PLR file, Automap=0... does not work.

I dont want the Map Plug in, and dont have a way to get rid of it without interfere with the game.

Any possible solution?

Track & Layout Used: Salvador
Car Used: Lancer
Applicable Settings: AI Strength = 105%, Aggression = Max, AI Cars = 33
Report: Ran a race with both classes of Lancer's & the AI kept flipping over in the chicane between Turns 3 & 4. (large curbs).
Steps to reproduce:

Track & Layout Used: All tracks
Car Used: All cars
Applicable Settings: V1.50 and V1.50beta
Report: Hud in right hand bottom corner keeps popping up for no reason. If you press the Hud to appear it will disappear within a half of lap of track you are racing on. It sometimes brings up the tyre Hud and other times it brings up section times but is all random.
Steps to reproduce: Just do a race whether it's a championship or a single race, even in test day.

Guys, this still giving me some headaches.
To get rid of the Map Plugin for once, I followed the instructions from Reiza, deleting the d3d9.dll file.
However, it seems this file have some other purposes, and is causing mismatches in some cases when I dont have it (GTR Brasil servers, for instance).
Also the ALT+M key to turn if off is conflicting with Motec Plugin keys, so Im kind of lost here.
Would be really nice if was like before, key pad 0 turn it off and thats it.

Needless to say that the solution on the PLR file, Automap=0... does not work.

I dont want the Map Plug in, and dont have a way to get rid of it without interfere with the game.

Any possible solution?
insert the Reiza Sweet FX and the map will be like the old one, then press 0 to turn it off. Shouldn't cause mismatches

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%