Stock Car Extreme bug report thread (READ THE OPENING POST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
OK let´s try this again - PLEASE READ THE OPENING POST BEFORE POSTING. Posts that don´t observe the requirements may be moved / removed.

Please concentrate your bug reports for v1.27 on this thread.

Make sure to check the release notes on the release thread before posting.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please refer to our GUIDES . If you need further assistance use the v1.27 release thread .

Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Please avoid posting new threads for bug reports, it´s the easiest way to make sure your report gets lost in the shuffle.

Hi ! Stuttering pb when v-sync activated

Track & Layout Used
: all
Car Used: all
Applicable Settings: see screenshot
Report: My setup can handle GSCE at 150-200fps in this config but when v-sync is activated (via nvidia 3d config) the fps is around 60fps with some stuterring. whatever the config i apply i always have stuttering... GSCE 1.27 was ok but since 1.30 i'm in trouble. Any idea ?
Steps to reproduce: ?

Thx :)

Attachments

• 2015-04-07_00007.jpg
    2015-04-07_00007.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 251
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 379
hi i have problem with the karts when i load one of the kart tracks everything loads properly ,but when i got out on track game will crash within the first lap ,it only happens with the karts all other cars are ok ,i have the non steam version and have run the sync several times , can you help please

Edit
I just read 1st page.
So,

Track & Layout Used: Monza (Patrick's version), but same issue on all other tracks
Car Used: Blancpain mod but same with other cars
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Hi, I just experienced strange issue and I don't know where I can post it.
I bought Steam version few weeks ago and didn't experience any trouble until now.
(always, 200-400fps, perfect)

Since this weekend I play with Blancpain mod (but with standard GSCE real feel).This is the only mod I installed so far. After free practice in Monza I entered qual and problem occured:
I could start the session, normal cockpit view but nothing else happened: Engine was sounding as broken record and screen freeze. All was locked.
Ctrl-alt-sup
New test. Same. Freeze screen with broken record sound.
I uninstalled the mod through JSGME. Same issue, whatever official track or car.
I restarted the computer several times.
Same.
I created new profile.
Same
Finally and after some other tests, I decided to uninstal and install GSCE again.
Now, it's downloading the 9gb.
The only différence compared to other nights is Steam was downloading AC update in background.
I can't imagine it might be the root cause.

And I really regret to have bought Steam version. With RFactor I always had vanilia version ready to use.

Last edited:
Edit
And I really regret to have bought Steam version. With RFactor I always had vanilia version ready to use.
I understand, but don't forget when you have it installed and working, you can also copy the whole folder to a safe place as a backup in case you have to reinstall. Steam might have to verify it or update it, but at least most of it would not have to be downloaded again.

hi i have problem with the karts when i load one of the kart tracks everything loads properly ,but when i got out on track game will crash within the first lap ,it only happens with the karts all other cars are ok ,i have the non steam version and have run the sync several times , can you help please
fixed redownloaded the whole lot ,works now ,would have been nice not to download it all again

I have an issue where I exit from GSCE but the client won't close. When I try to open the program on Steam, it says "Game is already running." I cannot reopen the game without doing an end process on Steam.

I am suffering the very same issue.

I have a lot of respect for Reiza and think the money I spent on this game is one of the best investments I ever made in sim racing - BUT I am seriously regretting transitioning to Steam (which I have never really liked).

Well I did the reinstall steam dance and it seems to be fixed for now.

But that makes me wish even more that I never migrated (downgraded :p) to the steam version.

I might buy another copy of the game to use without Steam - do you know if there are any plans to eventually do away with the non-steam version altogether? Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg
Car Used: Formula Extreme / Formula Reiza
Applicable Settings: All the settings as high, screen 1920 x 1080
Report: I observed the Formula Extreme and Formula Reiza are dragging the rear on the ground even when the cars are with the suspension at maximum height. The A.I. is reaching 340 kilometers in the straight with the Formula Extreme and I just reach 320, :(.
I tried to edit the car but I didn't find the file '.hdv' at the car folder to adjust the suspension.
Steps to reproduce: Run with the Formula Extreme and Reiza at the Johannesburg track with the suspension at the maximum height, observe the car sound at the straight.

Track & Layout Used: Johannesburg
Car Used: Formula Extreme / Formula Reiza
Applicable Settings: All the settings as high, screen 1920 x 1080
Report: I observed the Formula Extreme and Formula Reiza are dragging the rear on the ground even when the cars are with the suspension at maximum height. The A.I. is reaching 340 kilometers in the straight with the Formula Extreme and I just reach 320, :(.
I tried to edit the car but I didn't find the file '.hdv' at the car folder to adjust the suspension.
Steps to reproduce: Run with the Formula Extreme and Reiza at the Johannesburg track with the suspension at the maximum height, observe the car sound at the straight.
I do not think it's a problem of the cars but a more accurate reproduction of the track because it really is very irregular mainly in large straight, which makes these cars drag the floor (sparks are cool :)).
For files .HDV these are hidden, impossible to edit.
As the final speed of the cars can be your setting or adjusting the AI skill, it often comes down to being faster.

I do not think it's a problem of the cars but a more accurate reproduction of the track because it really is very irregular mainly in large straight, which makes these cars drag the floor (sparks are cool :)).
For files .HDV these are hidden, impossible to edit.
As the final speed of the cars can be your setting or adjusting the AI skill, it often comes down to being faster.
I understood your point about the car, but for me isn't good drive this car in that track in this condition.
In the rFactor I could change the car settings in the '.hdv' file, I don't know why reiza hide that.

I understood your point about the car, but for me isn't good drive this car in that track in this condition.
In the rFactor I could change the car settings in the '.hdv' file, I don't know why reiza hide that.
Well, this has been much discussed here and some people also like to see the .HDV files back... The main Reiza argument is about maintaining the integrity of the "sim" and hinder illegal copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%