Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

To edit some files, you will need Notepad++. Please download it here.
All editions must be done with game off (especially for dedicated servers).

Personal settings
  • I want to put the virtual mirrors
  • I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
  • I have a strange feeling with my Fanatec wheel
  • I want to opimize my AntiAliasing setup

Server settings
  • My server doesn't run warm up
  • I want to raise up maximum drivers online
  • I want to allow driver swap in race
  • I want to add balast to some drivers
  • I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid

DRS et tyres configuration for F1
  • DRS
  • Tyres

Issues and bugs
  • I have some stuttering
  • I can't load tracks
  • Night races give a big fps loss

Last edited:
Great thread, thank you. Is there any chance you could add a bit about making mods with multiple car models show up as their own mod or at least put all the cars on track?
I have asked this question before, but now I forgot where the answer is and I can't find it. And it's not one of those things you just memorize and remember every month or so.

Specifically, let's say you have a DTM mod with an Open, Mercedes and a Audi (this is just an example not based in reality). Ideally I'd like to have this mod appear among the choices the same as the Reiza native mods do. With their own page you selct with arrows (although, at this point I wish Reiza created an interface that was a bit more user friendly, showing you more choices at once).

Lacking that, in the "all car" mode, there are some mods that have multiple cars or classes, but they do not field all the classes in the same session. In my example, if you choose the BMW, you end up with all Beamers and none of the other cars.

Obviously, if you want to race a series in SP, you want the other cars on track.

Conversely, in some cases you choose a single car mod and you discover other cars ()also single car mods) end up on track with you.
I gather this has to do with some ID # in the mod, which I have no problem changing as long as I play the mod in SP mode. I can easily create multiple instances of GSC for that purpose. In fact, I could use the same tactic I used with rFactor where I used Symlinks to create installations that really only had the vehicle folder and shared all the other folders, such as sound, etc.

in any case, I wrote too much, but I think adding those kind of tips here (or create a new FAQ section just for these tips and tricks would be invaluable for GSC. Most rFactor mods work so much better in it.

I would like to ask you a somewhat stupid question.
How can I change the sky? Because everytime, everywhere I play the sky is totally clear and I want clouds not just boring clear, blue sky.

edit: and another one.
When I play against the AI they brake on the straights behind each other. It's a total immersion killer and also I'm sad when I setup a multiclass race and the cars in the faster class stay in line behind the cars in the slower class.
How can I make them to pass each other instead?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure what's going on then, some tracks have a clear sky, but there are clouds at various tracks.

Spielberg Historic for example...

spielberghist.JPG

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%