1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Stock Car @ Brasilia (Full) Tuesday 28th Febuary 2012

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Von Butters, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
    Car: Stock Car (V8)
    Track: Brazilia (full)

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warm-up
    21:00 GMT: Race 1 (40 minutes)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way and it will improve your driving skills.

Log-in to our TS3 server here

Entrylist:
    To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.

1. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    2. Stefan Woudenberg
    3. Dan Watson
    4. Carlos José Gonçalves
    5.Nils Kuehn

2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

+1

3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Come on folks, put ya name down!

4. I'll put my name down. Haven't raced these for a while.

5. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Only 3 drivers???? :eek: I think with less than 7 I'll pass.... :(

6. I want to run

7. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Already 4 drivers!!! :eek:

Sad....really....:(

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Guys instead of always telling how sad it is it helps a lot more if you assist in getting some drivers on board. Negativity never helps :) If you read the above as a guest, would you sign yourself up?

Server is up!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Add me plz, the 40 mins are going to be a test for my deodorant :p.
    Hoping for more last minute entries as well.

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

You are perfectly right Bram, and i've even taken it upon myself to advertise races on other forums too.
    Not sure how legal it is, or if i've been banned yet, (its always possible, lol), i just think this game is just too good to let it sink into obscurity without some kind of fight.

Im getting a tattoo tomorrow, and i might just have GSC and a car emblazedned(?) on my back!

11. Bram

Bram

Lol, i have all our game logo's scarved on this body.. Never goes away :)

12. Put the race on a saturday or sunday and you will have one more person for sure. Also now and then on Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bram

Bram

Thanks Larry, will setup a poll for preferred race days

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Well it was my first time to drive with these V8's, so still a lot to learn.
    It took me 6 cars to get 1 timed lap in practise, but after a couple of laps I was able to go below the 2 minutes marker with a full tank.

In qualy made small mistakes, but managed a 1:57.4xx. Without the small mistakes I would have done a 1:56 for sure, but my time was good enough to be on the front row behind Dan. :)

For the race start I was almost too late to go to the grid. I pushed the green button appeared on the grid and the lights just turned to green. :p Lost a spot to Christopher. At the end of lap 2 in the last corner Christopher went a bit wider and I thought I could pass him on the inside. He came a little rigth again and I had to go to the grass with two wheels and received a stop and go penalty? I took it right away and was last when I came out. I was pushing the car hard to close the gap to Nils. In lap 6 I locked my breaks in turn two and went wide into the barriers which damaged my suspension. I went in for a 80 second repair. In lap 8 it happened again and this time the engine just stopped working. :( I stayed in game till everyone besides Dan had crashed out.

Great driving Dan, congrats on the win and thanx to everyone who showed up. :) Enjoyed the V8's better than I would have exspected. :) See you guys next race!

15. Great to get back behind the wheel (sort of!) of the V8s, haven't raced them since the RDSCC league.

Took a while to get used to the REALLY long corners on this track, but got into a groove after some practice. Found a good setup too and went with it.

Started 1st, and was pretty quiet from there (no disrespect to any of the other competitors by the way!). Nearly did a Senna at Monaco 1988 (crashing out when miles in the lead) when I ran wide at the first corner and spun, JUST stopped short of the inside barrier! Good race though, well done to everyone who took part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.