Still no endurance features

i would like to see what kind of grounds this thread would break if the first post was posted on the iRacing.com forums
You would have 500 trailor park boys screaming at you for no reason.

I was the one asking for Euro servers, you would not believe the amount of heat i had to take for that.
Then a few weeks later iRacing announces European server farms...

Not coming in late April build - see below the League page summary (bolded)

Tony Gardner
Club: Massachusetts

Not meant to be build notes but thought I would mention what the new league functionality will look like that we hope will make it into late April build.

Basically the functionality is intended to allow full management and view of your league with new customizable league page right on iRacing. No longer will you need to host your own website, although you still can if you want. Many don’t have the time, funds and ability to code and maintain a website so this takes care of all that. With the iRacing Leagues Page, each league could have their own dedicated page within the iRacing member site where they view and manage their league with easy-to-use administrative controls and features.

Just an FYI, we will probably charge a small league setup fee only as a measure to try and keep it to real leagues, something like $5-$10. Mainly because we don’t want someone to go setup 50 leagues with no intention of using them and clutter up the site and database. Not to mention, if we make the leagues viewable to public a real cost to us for each league. Once you setup your league you could even transfer it to other members.

Here are more details.

Whether you want to get together with your five closest racing buddies or organize a large-scale group of 500 league members, iRacing’s new League system has all of the tools you need to get started.
iRacing Leagues will debut in the Spring of 2012, and will support the following features at launch or in a future update.

• Create your own league page
• Invite your friends or make your league open for applications to the whole iRacing membership
• View all of the leagues in iRacing. See which are the most active, the largest, or those which are recruiting new members
• Have your own customizable league page featuring
o Custom league logo
o League description and information
o League calendar
o League wall
o League roster manager
• Create race Seasons of any length and create your own season Championship battle
o Choose your points system… Oval, Road, or Custom where you can plug in any points values you would like
 Modify race points to give drivers bonuses or penalties based on whatever criteria you the League administrator would like
o Schedule your events all at once in advance or at your own pace as you go through the season
• Create single pickup races or events with access restricted to just those in your league
• Create League vs. League competitions by limiting access to Hosted iRacing sessions to any number of leagues
• Privately e-mail your league membership through the league interface without exposing e-mail address to one another
• Organize your league membership into groups and control which Seasons these groups can access

We also hope to have an option to make the league page public, viewable outside of iRacing member site. However that option will not be in this build.

Just as an FYI, we are still hard at work and making good progress on our major team racing project. (Not to be confused with leagues but could be used by leagues). Team racing meaning ability to join races as a team, share setups, has a spotter, crew chief etc. Also being able to swap drivers on your team without joining the race together and all that. There will be no aspects of that in this build but again making good progress. It turned into a much bigger project that we originally planned (more functionality) which required significant and complicated changes to the system architecture of iRacing.

Obviously many other things in the build but thought I would provide some more detail on this feature since we have not talked about it much and lot of requests for this from leagues.

For those of you who do not league race, more leagues joining iRacing also helps official racing as the league members also migrate to official racing and do both. It also drives the hosted area of iRacing which most members take advantage of in one way or another. Not to mention, having multiple sim racing communities together allows for more combined resources allowing for an overall better service in the long run.

Good Racing!

I appreciate other sims may already have the team swap/enduro feature it, but like it states in TG's post, the functionality required significant and complicated changes to the system architecture of iRacing.
I really don't care If it is so complex to realize they shouldnt have announced it last year and promised a release in the same year. It dragged people like myself into iracing's subscription system again for no use.

I have paid a full year of monthly subs now with hardly using the game. I am not interested in racing with anonymous people, instead I want to race with the best teams in an endurance league but I can't because every 12 weeks iRacing comes up with excuses why they don't release the promised features.

If that was the main feature you were after, why did you not wait until it was released first, before subbing up? Surely that would have been the logical decision, if you had no intention of racing other than in enduro races.

I agree with what you're saying about iRacing not delivering on their 'promise' by still not having it available to the community, but am surprised you subbed so soon, whilst the feature had only been promised and was not even available in any shape or form.

And once again iRacing can´t get something finished for the upcoming build....

Good day,

The new league page and corresponding functionality not going to be quite ready for release in next week's quarterly software update. We anticipate however that we will not wait an entire additional build cycle to release it as it is pretty close. Instead we hope to release in a few weeks.

Sorry it will not make it for next week.

Tony

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back