• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Stewarding Thread

Discussion in 'PS4 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Mikey Woolford, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford
    PS4 GP Lead Co-Ordinator Premium

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Please see below the following rules, in accordance with RD policy, for stewarding events.

It may happen that racing rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation in this thread. The staff encourage this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers within 48 hours of the start of event.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

An incident report must always contain.
    • The name of the reported driver (the violator)
    • A link to the forum thread of the race
    • A private YouTube video (or similar) is recommended showing the incident from various angles (Top view, chase view, cockpit view, other drivers view etc). (No music please).
    • A short description of the incident, without rant.
    You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Reports from outsiders will be not be considered. The staff will then investigate the incident. Incomplete reports will not be considered.

Your Stewards for this season will be your organisers plus 1 anonymous external body.

Please note that the stewards will try and be relaxed as and where possible, very similar to the changed F1 Stewarding this season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,761
    daumen3.jpg

3. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows..

Ratings:
    +5,147

Race thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/posts/2592332/
    Reporting Klay/the_4chicks for 3 incidents.
    First two on the first lap, I went to cover the inside on turn 1 to avoid him divebombing me, but instead I got hit in the braking zone, and then upon rejoining he turned into me again for turn 2 and made me lose even more front wing. I had to pit for supers which felt terrible, I made many mistakes and got my two penalties, and my race was over.
    Final incident is on lap 16 when my wheel glitched up and made me lose momentum, Klay got on the inside and passed me with DRS, but decided to turn into the racing line for turn 1 and he wiped a second wing, and I lost even more time and I rejoined last after my pitstop.

First incident is 20 minutes into the stream. Final incident is 42 minutes into the stream.

4. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    1st: Vitjalmon hampering my fast lap after he spun on the main straight. Take notice of the white dot on the main straight when the video starts and the gap there was and the speed I am cathing him up with. No way that was a fast lap for him. It forced me to do a second lap, only a 23.0 and then my car ran out of fuel making it impossible to return to the pit to set another lap which would have been good for top 7:

And here a video of the turn one carnage and later johny taking me out ruining my front wing, but he gives the place back (one of the very few who knew the racing ettiquet).Then my good old qualifying friend Vutjalmon comes up and thinks he is all alone on the planet and wipes me into the wall and doesnt wait. (0:50)

Therefore I would like to report vitjalmon for both hampering my Q and taking me out in the race without waiting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Vithjalmen

Vithjalmen

Ratings:
    +7
    Good luck on that mate ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    @Klayyyyyy

7. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    Klay do you have video of these incidents?

8. Bcolli186

Bcolli186

Ratings:
    +13
    • The name of the reported driver: Cas
    • Came out of the pits ahead of Cas and was maintaining the gap for a few laps. Made a mistake on the second last corner which allowed him to get the run on me down the start finish straight. Didn't try to defend to hard as we had 2 or 3 cars behind so thought it best to lose 1 place instead of 2 or 3. As it turned out he didnt have the straight line speed to get alongside but he tried the move anyway and punted me off at turn 1 causing me to lose 2 places and he didnt wait for me afterwards. Wasnt sure if i was gonna take it t the stewards but as i still havn't got an apology it made my mind up.
    From 5:55 in the video

9. Andrew Wood

Andrew Wood

Ratings:
    +2,351
    Also, @Vithjalmen and @Cas_0807 please provide footage in response to your above queries.

Steward inquiries are now closed for Melbourne.

10. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah I thought this might be coming. I can understand you took this to the stewards and I'm sorry I didn't apologise afterwards and I'm also sorry for the incident itself. I will upload my point of view later today, since I'm at work now. I've had a look at it myself already, though. On my screen, it looked like we were exactly side by side and that you broke too late into turn one, even later than me (and I could barely make the corner), causing yourself to go of track. I didn't feel any contact so that's why I didn't wait for you. I will respect the decision of the stewards. Once again, my apologies and I will upload my POV this evening.

11. Bcolli186

Bcolli186

Ratings:
    +13
    Appreciate the apology, and also that there was no intent, looking back now i wish i would have just eased off the accellerator and let u go. The run u got out of the last corner and with drs i really expected u 2 be well ahead by turn 1 tbh. I guess u were running higher wings than me. Im happy to let it go as a racing incident and withdraw my complaint.

• Love Love x 3
  12. Cas_0807

Cas_0807

Ratings:
    +8
    It starts at 40:05. Also love the gesture of Bcolli, it's good to see that things can be handled in a friendly manor. I'll be more cautious next time.

13. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Sometimes, literally all it takes is an apology.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Vithjalmen

Vithjalmen

Ratings:
    +7

Nothing else to add

15. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Steward Report Findings;

Klay hitting Milos at T1 on lap 1 - 10 Second time penalty added to Klay's next race time for avoidable collision
    Klay hitting Milos at T2 on lap 1 - No action
    Klay hitting Milos at T1 on lap 16 - No action
    Vithjalmen blocking Martijn in quali - 10 Second time penalty added to Thomas' next race time
    Vithjalmen cutting across on Martijn in the race - Warning to Thomas to keep an eye on racing room. Severity of penalty reduced thanks to minimal disruption to other driver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Milos

Milos

Ratings:
    +5,147
    boo

17. Mikey Woolford

Mikey Woolford

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Name of reportee - Codemasters and British Telecom
    Description of Incident - Pootling down the backstraight into the final corner, then suddenly a big lag spike sends me into the air and somehow I get 10 seconds for exceeding track limits. I would like it removed. There was never any height limit detailed within the driver's briefing.

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Martijn Boontje

Martijn Boontje

Ratings:
    +268
    That scared the **** out of me. I got footage of it to help you. Will upload it tomorrow evening!

• Haha Haha x 1
  19. Sean van Belkom

Sean van Belkom

Ratings:
    +37
    You scared me as well