Steering Wheel Range in .ini file does not work (GSC 2013)

I am trying to get the in-game steering wheel to match my 540 rotation wheel.

I have a custom control.ini file named g27.ini file (in my c:/gsc2013/userdata/controller directory) where I change the Steering Wheel Range Value to 540. I load this file under the controls option. However the car animation still only goes to 270.

There is another control.ini file in my in my c:/gsc2013/userdata/username directory that has the same parameters as my custom file. This file also automatically saves (for some reason) every time I shut off my game.

Which file should I edit? Neither one seem to totally work. I can now get the mini wheel animation to show 540, but not the stock cars.

I don't fully understand which .ini actually changes it (someone here will) but i change all the following:
C:\GSC2013\UserData\Controller - AZ keyboard.ini
C:\GSC2013\UserData\Controller - any saved custom .ini
C:\GSC2013\UserData\USER NAME - controller.ini

that seems to work for me

don't forget each time you change car and start an event of some kind to set your steering degrees in the garage to 22 degrees

The controller.ini in the player file is always the profile currently loaded. The .inis in Controller folder are the alternative profiles.

What can cause confusion is that unlike all other parameters stored in controller.ini (control mapping, FFB config, sensitivity settings, etc), a different "Steering Wheel Range=" only comes into effect after you restart the game.

If for instance your current profile has "Steering Wheel Range=270", and you load a custom profile with "Steering Wheel Range=900", the graphical steering wheel rotation will still remain at 270º until you exit the game and start again - only then the rotation will be 900º as per the setting in the profile you loaded in the last session.

The controller.ini in the player file is always the profile currently loaded. The .inis in Controller folder are the alternative profiles.

What can cause confusion is that unlike all other parameters stored in controller.ini (control mapping, FFB config, sensitivity settings, etc), a different "Steering Wheel Range=" only comes into effect after you restart the game.

If for instance your current profile has "Steering Wheel Range=270", and you load a custom profile with "Steering Wheel Range=900", the graphical steering wheel rotation will still remain at 270º until you exit the game and start again - only then the rotation will be 900º as per the setting in the profile you loaded in the last session.
Are there plans to have this changed in the future? Also, having the option to keep our steering wheel rotation at the max range, and have the game change the wheel's steering rotation to match the real life car's rotation like in iracing or rfactor 2 would be amazing! Is this possible, or will this be impossible using the rf1 engine?

Are there plans to have this changed in the future? Also, having the option to keep our steering wheel rotation at the max range, and have the game change the wheel's steering rotation to match the real life car's rotation like in iracing or rfactor 2 would be amazing! Is this possible, or will this be impossible using the rf1 engine?

ISI has as you say done it for rF2 so there is a possibility it could be done for GSC, but it´s not a very likely possibility at this stage.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.6%