Steering Wheel Feedback & Feel - PC vs Xbox

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could confirm, or counter, my experience.

I have Race '07 running on a barely capable PC, the game runs slightly jerky, and isn't quite what it should be. Despite this, using a Logitech Momo wheel and pedals, it feels immense to drive - I'm fighting the wheel all the way, on every track, through bumps and changes in camber. It's excellent.

On the Xbox I have Race Pro, Forza 3 and Shift. In comparison to the above they look superb and run smoothly. However, the official Xbox wheel offers nothing compared to the above. It vibrates in collisions and on kerbs, but the feeling of the car on the road is non existent. I used to think it was great but the Race '07 experience has spoiled it.

I don't think the Xbox wheel is faulty, it's run well for about 3 years now. Is it just the case that the Xbox games & wheel don't provide the same experience as is achievable on the PC?

I'd be interested in any thought the above. Is this just the way it is?!

Many thanks,

Adam

I noticed in the past with console driving games and wheels is that FFB is not that great.the only game i can recollect that had decent FFB was the Gran Turismo series. When i started playing Race 07?GTR Evo i was overwhelmed with the amount of FFB you get on your wheel. I played GT5 at a friends place on tuesday and i acually started to complain about it's FFB. My friends are GT5 fans so they were trying to argue and say GT5 has probably the best FFB, so i pulled out my laptop and fired up Race 07,plugged my friends DFGT to my laptop and told them to give er a go.Boy they were amazed,not at just the FFB but the game itself. I just may have a few more Race07/GTR Evo fans coming up.Sorry Cleaver,for not talking about Xbox but i dont use wheel for Forza 3. I use the controller.I was unsure about MS Wheel so i never bought it. I currently own a G27 and DFPRO and am very happy with both wheels.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the clarification, I'm reassured to know what's what.

Been playing the netKar PRO demo for many hours this evening, it runs really smoothly compared to Race '07. Extremely challenging and great fun. Intense feedback from the wheel. I think I'll do my driving there for the foreseeable future, and aim for a new PC...

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
There are also 2 versions/series of the MSwheel (xbox). I have both. The first series has less feedback than the second. I notice that with F1 2010. Second series is much stronger

But Im going to Pc racing also. xbox is really done as a racing platform. Hard and software wise

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back