Steering speed sensitivity?

Hello sim-racers, i would like to ask if someone knows the formula of that steering speed setting.I am kinda guesing every time i`m picking a new car to drive.Shoud i put more or less .....takes to much time to get it somewhere.Thanks in advance

I mean from what speed start to work that speed sensitivity from 50-60 ?

it doesn't matter.. there is only 1 question you have to answer to get it right.

- Do you have a steering wheel?

If the answer is yes, then speed sensitivity should be 0. Forget it even exists and move on.

If the answer is no, then dial in whatever makes you feel more comfortable, it's as easy as that. If you start noticing that you can't make it through the faster corners because of not enough lock, you've got too much.
Ideally, you'd want speed sens at 0 even with a controller, it just makes the car response more pure and independent from speed.

The formula is simply a curve reducing the angle progressively starting from speed 0.

Last edited:
the people replying to this question obviously have never driven a real car, speed sensitivity is incorporated into every road car. it is not something which is very noticeable but any driver will tell you that if they slow down for a corner they will get more steering into the corner just by reducing speed without turning the wheel more. for project cars 2 I have a speed sensitivity of 3 and to compensate have a steering sensitivity of 55. at this present time this feels quite natural as of update 6 on the ps4

the people replying to this question obviously have never driven a real car, speed sensitivity is incorporated into every road car.
Yeah exactly!
Instead of spending money from DLC on beer and hookers, Kunos should at least buy a car for the technical head honcho so we can finally take a brake from bicycle physics.

Oh wait, bicycles have steering sensitivity too... i bet his morning commute to work is on roller skates. Horrible!

The steering rack is connected mechanically on motor wheel transportation on planet earth aside from rear wheel steering which is controlled by computer. Maybe there some mysterious object that has this function system.

Speed sensitivity is an assist to adjust the steering rotation related to the speed.

the people replying to this question obviously have never driven a real car, speed sensitivity is incorporated into every road car. it is not something which is very noticeable but any driver will tell you that if they slow down for a corner they will get more steering into the corner just by reducing speed without turning the wheel more. for project cars 2 I have a speed sensitivity of 3 and to compensate have a steering sensitivity of 55. at this present time this feels quite natural as of update 6 on the ps4
well that it just physics :) .. you dont need artificial speed sensitivity assist to do that .. unless you wanna make your life easier on controller ..

Since this terminology seems to have eluded me ... "STEERING SPEED Sensitivity" shows in AMS1 as the speed of the front wheels turning left or right (with a red Graphic) . . . How can I increase my steering speed of the front wheels... My experience is that the Sensitivity changes the front wheels steering speed, which I have experienced in AC and AMS1 . . . Sensitivity at 1% in AC
Gamma I have at 1.01 still not enough turning speed. Is it the rotation setting ? I tried that didnt seem to affect it.
FFB did but I dont have any idea why, and somewhat unsatisfactory. Shouldnt it be "Car SPEED & Steering Sensitivity"

Btw I have driven a real car lol - 911 E - All Analog, down to the radio buttons and slider levers.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back