1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering 'rocking' on straights - FF setting?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Connor Caple, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I've googled and read many many many threads on RD about FF in Race On, most of them about the G25. I haven't found anything that suggests what setting I may need to alter to correct this one small issue.

When I'm going down a straight in high gear, the steering seems to rock side to side a few times, bumping and knocking the wheel as it does so. It's like a deadzone comes into being and the rack bounces 3 or 4 degrees between the two for a while.

Wheel: Saitek R660GT
    Steering sensitivity in game: 90%
    Current settings: In game FF 80% + FULL setting
    Drivers: 100%, 100%spr, 50%damp, centre spring off

If anyone knows what is causing that left-right-left knocking on the wheel, please suggest something to try to get rid of it :waiting:

I can live with it if I have to, just can't figure out what it's supposed to be simulating and it does it with every vehicle...

(My wife says I can't buy a better wheel until I can prove I'm serious about this new hobby of mine *grins*) :fingers-crossed:

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I had that problem but can't really remember the fix. Mybe I just turned down the FFB?

3. It does that only on "max" setting, if you set FF to high or lower then it will stop doing that!

4. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

You have to set FF on Low or medium in game and lower the damping, you can even set damp to 0.

5. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

I turned damping off and it seems to have stopped doing it now - thank you all.

6. I don't have this problem but after reading this thread I realised that I've not come across the "damping" option in game, so I took a quick look and no, I can't find it. What and where exactly is the "damping" option in-game just out of curiosity?

7. It's not ingame it's at your Logitech Profiler. :)

8. ah ok, thanks for clearing that up :)