Steering ratios?

Nope, that's a perfectly reasonable way to go about it - 610/23 is the 'optimum', judging by a lot of experimentation and onboard footage (although realistically it'd be an extrapolation of that to 720/28 but Simbin games are nonsensically locked to 23 lock). If you use 540/21.5 or so (same ratio) then it gives you a little scope if you want a one-off tighter ratio for whatever reason.

Most people here seem to be happy using a ratio which is quite a lot tighter and twitchier than is realistic, but hey - whatever you feel comfortable with.

I use 250/23 in my G25. Dry to use 650 and gradually lower it to 320 but it was still to slow for me. Can't go through the fast corners, so i end up to 250.
I'know it's not any near of realistic and the Alien drivers is useing much slower (wide?)ratio. With my friends we drive on rally cross tracks for fun with allmost original cars like sierra, lada, bmw and those cars have steering ratio like 900 and it's fine enough. So i dont know why in sims i end up to use 250 but i'am faster with that ratio. Maybe in some day im good enough to use wider ratio....10 years maybe?:)

Kari Nyman

• Sol Leung

I use 400 degrees steering, and 15.5 lock with 75% steering sensitivity on G25 on most track.

In macau, pau, porto, i increase the lock to 18.5-20 and keep the same 400 degrees steering. :D

btw, anyone know of a good clutch sensitivity setting on G25 in Race07 to have a more relastic feels? the default 50% isn't that great! :p

btw, anyone know of a good clutch sensitivity setting on G25 in Race07 to have a more relastic feels? the default 50% isn't that great! :p

65% dead zone and 85% sensitivity in clutch, works fine in legends and it's way better than normal in race07 but not perfect. Do not know real race car clutch dead zone but for sure it's not 0. In all other pedals/wheel i use 0 DZ with sensitivity 50%. However u can get use to just about any settins made.

• Goran Gunjevic

540° rotation and 20° steering lock

I did a lot of experimenting between 540/20 and 720/23
While 720/23 was great with FWD cars, I had problems counter steering in BMW with those settings on tracks like Pau or Macau.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%