"Steering like a boat" fixed for G27?

For as long as I've been playing RRRE I've always got the impression that the car tends to wave about making it difficult to control. I believe that other posters on the forum have noticed the same effect.

Bear with me on this OK? I also play Stock Car Extreme which has a FFB EFFECTS option where you can choose FFB OFF LOW MEDIUM HIGH AND FULL. Most GSC resources recommend setting FFB EFFECTS to LOW with a G27.

Although there are lots of FFB settings to fiddle with in RRRE I haven't been able to dial out the wavy handling, until now. I was poking around the "Logitech G27 Paddle Shift.rcs" control set file and I found this line

FFB Effects Level="1" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom (identical to SCE).

Mine was set to 4 or 5 (can't remember sorry), anyway I changed the value to "1" and voila, I can now race without feeling that the car is constantly waving around from side to side. This has certainly made a big difference for me and now I will be enjoying the game like I've always wanted to. By changing FFB EFFECTS to "1" it takes out most of the "canned" effects which aren't needed with a G27. All the FFB effects are still there, grip, sliding, kerbs, bumps etc.

In game the only FFB settings I have changed are FFB Intensity 50% and Shift Effect 20% I now have a good basic FFB feel to play with.

Hope this is useful to all you G27 users out there with the same wavy feeling.

Cheers
Glygoo

Glygoo PC Spec
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 7870 OC Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX (Socket AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition 3.60Ghz (Socket AM3+) Processor
Antec High Current Gamer 620W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply
Samsung Green (MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz 30nm Dual Channel Kit
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo CPU Cooler
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Antec 302 Three Hundred Two Ultimate Gaming Case - Black

Interesting. The devs never acknowledge the FFB had issues...
And now they are talking about fix it.

Well, better later than never.

He wasn't admitting there's an issue, he was just explaining that the text edit the guys were making could be accomplished by setting the canned effects to zero in the FFB menu. It's a general consensus that turning off canned effects in any sim yields more pure FFB so that doesn't mean there was a fault.

Though I do agree, the FFB feels weird and there's something not quite right. We will be getting updates to some of the classes soi and the beta testers are saying the floaty feeling is finally gone.

Interesting. The devs never acknowledge the FFB had issues...
And now they are talking about fix it.

Well, better later than never.
Just like DICE and the hit registration issues in their Frostbite games.
Keeping big problems under the carpet of silence seems to be a very popular way of dealing with issues consumers complain about.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back