1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering issue

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by david06083, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Hi everybody! I started playing rfactor like 3 days ago....first thought it was crappy....but then i discovered the variety of mods available.....and i installed the couple of them....

One of them was the jdm all stars drift mod...which i loved and played it for the past 2 days....at first ..the steering was fine.... check this drift video of mine....in rfactor..the steering was great...

But now...when i turn maximum left or right...one out of 3 tries turns the wheels to maximum ..the rest of the tries i only get 20% turn....it`s not my steering wheel to blame..i tried in gtr evo and i always get maximum turn....i also tried some other mods and the steering does the same thing!

Any advice?

2. I Had this problem once (I think... it could be different).

Check your difficulty settings and make sure you have turned off "steering assist". I accidentally put it on once and it was really puzzling that when I tried to get full lock for a flick-spin to get me out of a runoff road (it was a street circuit) that it wouldn't give me full lock.

I'm not sure if this is your problem... but just check anyway ;)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

How can you enjoy drifting with a gamepad?

4. Check in control settings for a slider that says 'Speed Sensetivity'.
    Drag that one to 0.

5. ferrariman, i will try that. It could be that button. I could have touched while i moved the keyboard.

Bram, who mentioned a gamepad? It is fun, but not accurate. I used to play on one, but this topic only reffers to steering wheel.

I didn't play with that setting but i will check it