1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Steering issue

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by david06083, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Hi everybody! I started playing rfactor like 3 days ago....first thought it was crappy....but then i discovered the variety of mods available.....and i installed the couple of them....

One of them was the jdm all stars drift mod...which i loved and played it for the past 2 days....at first ..the steering was fine.... check this drift video of mine....in rfactor..the steering was great...

But now...when i turn maximum left or right...one out of 3 tries turns the wheels to maximum ..the rest of the tries i only get 20% turn....it`s not my steering wheel to blame..i tried in gtr evo and i always get maximum turn....i also tried some other mods and the steering does the same thing!

Any advice?

2. I Had this problem once (I think... it could be different).

Check your difficulty settings and make sure you have turned off "steering assist". I accidentally put it on once and it was really puzzling that when I tried to get full lock for a flick-spin to get me out of a runoff road (it was a street circuit) that it wouldn't give me full lock.

I'm not sure if this is your problem... but just check anyway ;)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

How can you enjoy drifting with a gamepad?

4. Check in control settings for a slider that says 'Speed Sensetivity'.
    Drag that one to 0.

5. ferrariman, i will try that. It could be that button. I could have touched while i moved the keyboard.

Bram, who mentioned a gamepad? It is fun, but not accurate. I used to play on one, but this topic only reffers to steering wheel.

I didn't play with that setting but i will check it