Resource icon

Apps Steering Input Display 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
dJomp submitted a new resource:

Steering Input Display - Shows steering input on-screen

This is a really tiny app, just to show your steering input on-screen. Most people won't want this, nor need this, but for the few of us that don't show the wheel on-screen and might want to show the wheel input in a video... this might come in useful. Maybe.

Here's the app next to the pedals input (default) app, which it's designed to fit next to at about the same scale:
View attachment 150040
The white portion symbolizes the top of the wheel. It'll move as you move the wheel.

If...

Read more about this resource...

@dJomp for some time I've been wondering about how to visualize best lap inputs (steering, clutch, brake, throttle, gear) and current speed against current lap inputs and speed (I'm assuming this would work well in conjunction with a performance delta). I was never really sure how to represent the steering wheel (from a coding standpoint), and this is a pretty good UI element. Let me know if you'd like to coordinate on something like a "real-time inputs and speed analysis app". :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

@Esotic You're welcome to use the code in another project if you like, if you just add a credit to me. I have almost zero time to be working on anything like this now - this was created during a week off.

I made a small change to the code:

degreesMin = -150.0
degreesMax = 150

degrees = ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Steer)

if degrees < degreesMin:
degrees = degreesMin
if degrees > degreesMax:
degrees = degreesMax

degrees = degrees - 90

Sometimes when I am in qualifying or practice I'll end up off-track with my virtual wheel pointed hard left or hard right. This min/max degrees helps me to know if I'm starting a session or leaving the pits with my wheel not pointing straight ahead.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

How to install this mod ? I put it as the folder in the archive says - game folder/apps/python, but the steering input is nowhere to be found ingame. What am I doing wrong ?

I dont have content manager, so how can I enable the steering app without it ?
1702820954784.png

@dJomp - thanks for this - I'm putting together a quick app to show traces from multiple cars at the same time (I'm doing this because the Virtual Steward App let's you merge and sync replays to show cars doing the same lap at the same time - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virtual-steward.65530/ - and being able to see the trace for multiple cars is super useful). Can I get your permission to repurpose your code into my app?
Feel free to use the code in the steering app with other apps/projects.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%