1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Apps Steering Input Display 0.1

Shows steering input on-screen

1. dJomp submitted a new resource:

Steering Input Display - Shows steering input on-screen

Read more about this resource...

2. Hi dJomp
    Please advise which folder this file is installed.
    Thanks Fozz

3. Into your AC install directory, normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\

4. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

@dJomp for some time I've been wondering about how to visualize best lap inputs (steering, clutch, brake, throttle, gear) and current speed against current lap inputs and speed (I'm assuming this would work well in conjunction with a performance delta). I was never really sure how to represent the steering wheel (from a coding standpoint), and this is a pretty good UI element. Let me know if you'd like to coordinate on something like a "real-time inputs and speed analysis app". :)

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

5. @Esotic You're welcome to use the code in another project if you like, if you just add a credit to me. I have almost zero time to be working on anything like this now - this was created during a week off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

I made a small change to the code:

degreesMin = -150.0
    degreesMax = 150

degrees = ac.getCarState(0, acsys.CS.Steer)

if degrees < degreesMin:
    degrees = degreesMin
    if degrees > degreesMax:
    degrees = degreesMax

degrees = degrees - 90

Sometimes when I am in qualifying or practice I'll end up off-track with my virtual wheel pointed hard left or hard right. This min/max degrees helps me to know if I'm starting a session or leaving the pits with my wheel not pointing straight ahead.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

7. Esotic

Esotic
    Premium Member

This zip contains the edit above concerning min/max degrees. It will also show steering input from whichever car you happen to be watching (like if you watch other cars from the pits or during a replay).

http://esotic.com/media/steering_EsoticMod_V1.0.zip