• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering assistance despite setting "Get-real-mode"?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Jan Ringas, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jan Ringas

Jan Ringas

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey everyone, I have been doing some laps in DTM Experience and I really like it so far (especially the exterior sounds make me feel like being at a real DTM race).

I'm driving with a Logitech DFP and noticed that the steering wheel sometimes reduces the turning degree although I don't change my input. This happens for example if I spun and want to turn around doing a "half-donut". You can see this quite well if switching to the external view and turning the perspective using NUM4 / NUM6.

Is that happening to everyone or would I have to change some other setting apart from choosing 'Get Real'?

2. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    You can searche this this line in your controlset, open with notepad and change this line to 0.0 Default is 5.9

Steer Ratio Speed="0.0" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jan Ringas

Jan Ringas

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow, thank you very much for that fast answer! :)
    After changing that line the car behaves exactly as I wanted it to. In combination with using the whole 900° of rotation of my wheel (in-game steering lock set to 40) the game now is even more fun!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gary Horneck

Gary Horneck

Ratings:
    +87
    Much better control with the ratio set to 0, and wheel at 900. Thanks for that tip.