Steelseries Wheel SRW-1 mounted on G25

I hope that somebody makes an adapter for DFGT, G27 etc. ,maybe snap off. Would sell like sliced bread i think. :cool:

The Steelseries is only 120€, perfect for the People who can't afford a highend formula rim wheel or the upcoming CSW formula rim + wheelbase. A big plus is that you can use the gas and brake paddle as clutch like on the highend rims. That's a feature that even the upcoming Fanatec Formula rim won't have :D

http://shop.steelseries.com/en/controllers.html

I loughed as well, but using it like the guy in the videos is not a unsmart idea. Afaik most of the buttons work in most sims. You could even remove all the buttons and LED to build something with the bodnar stuff using the wheel as base. You won't get a premade base for a formula rim for 120€ anywhere else. I have made good experience with Steelseries stuff in the past..And the simraceway logo can be scrubbed off if that's the dealbraker :D

Upvote 0
In their marketing campaign they let respected simracers tell a lot of bullshit how great it is not to use a conventional steeringwheel anymore. Thats the joke :) "I am so glad I don't need to use my pedals anymore"

And two months later they offer it as a Logitech addon that they were so happy about not to use anymore.

That's the whole issue I have with it

Upvote 0
Did they really plan to promote it as logitech addon? Didn't knew that.

I really don't give a f.. about any obvious hilarious marketing campaign anymore, because i'd get mad in a world like this. That's why i may have overlooked the campaign for this wheel. i knew that D.E is contracted as pro gamer and has to do lot of silly stuff for the company he's working for, and that may apply to the others affiliated pro gamers in their countries as well.

For me personally, hidden marketing is more interesting and debateable.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing