• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
  3. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

SteamCMD

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Ravendagrey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Ravendagrey

Ravendagrey

Ratings:
    +42
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ravendagrey

Ravendagrey

Ratings:
    +42
    I figured this would be a topic of discussion as with SteamCMD you can logon to steam anonymously and run a dedicated server without being locked out of your games in your library

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox

Ratings:
    +214
    Agreed. This needs sorting asap. ;)

4. Ravendagrey

Ravendagrey

Ratings:
    +42
    Any chance we could get some info if SteamCMD will be supported for running Dedicated Servers?

5. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox

Ratings:
    +214
    Shameless bump. :whistling:

6. Ravendagrey

Ravendagrey

Ratings:
    +42
    Well after some playing around I am able to download and update the game using steamCMD and my steam login but whenever I try and load the server without the normal steam client running it just crashes as soon as it tries to load the track.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  7. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +767
    Right, that's a shame. So its still the same, that is, I cannot host a dedicated server unless I am logged in with my steam account on the server!!??

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +933
    No, you can download the dedicated server via tools

9. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +767
    OK, thanks Alex. But I cannot see it on the server. Do I need to be logged in on the server with the steam ID that I bought AMS with?

Reason I am asking is that we are checking if its feasible to include AMS in www.justrace.net

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  10. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ratings:
    +592
    From our experiences, SteamCMD is semi-supported: We're downloading/updating/verifying AMS via SteamCMD (dedicated server app, anonymous logon) and that part works just fine.
    However, the Steam server list integration seems to require the full Steam client to be running (can be offline, so I reckon it's some API usage via DLLs not included/compatible with SteamCMD) - so you'll always have to have both, SteamCMD and Steam, running in order for the server to be properly listed. While this seems redundant, its advantage is you won't have to switch on/offline with the full Steam client in order to update the dedicated server app itself as you can do this through SteamCMD scripts.

11. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +933
    Steam needs to be open, but you don't need to be logged in.

• Like Like x 1