Steam

Hacker alert

Hi guys about 10 mins ago me and a friend receive as message saying our accounts have been accessed by 2 other IP Addresses! Me nor my friend have clicked the link to so say 'verify our Accounts' as the name is '::' im assuming this is a hacker.

Just want to give the heads upto anybody who may have had this and how the hell do we report them!

Attachments

• HACKER.jpg
    HACKER.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 242
I've also suffered lots of problems with steam today. It said that someone else is using it. Lot's of crashes when starting GTRE and it asked me to install race again (didn't) etc, etc. Never seen things like that before. There is something weird going on. I'm not member of any steam groups.

This is a phishing attempt. Disregard it, the link is pointing to site created in order to fool you to enter your steam credentials. Its getting worse lately. I'm getting 4-10 such messages every week the last month

• Darren Gardner

Im just wondering why my steam takes 15 min to load when before it took seconds??

RaceDepartment Steam community

Will all members please be aware that RaceDepartment has no control over the Steam community.

Control of the community was lost some time ago with the hijacking of one of our staff members accounts. At the time it was asked for all members to leave to which only a handfull did. Those that stayed behind did so at there own risk and members now joining said steam community join at there own risk.

RaceDepartment asks that all RaceDeparment members leave the steam community at once and make notes or post steam ids of any unknown person asking you to follow any links via the RD Steam community.

Those of you who wish to stay attached to the Steam community do so at your own risk.

Yes but what im saying is they have hijacked OTHER GROUPS not just ours, I left ours and ive now left others but its not all about Racedepartment as much as i appreciate what you think.

As stated above if you make notes of id of the person / persons sending you any links or what ever that you are unaware of who they are make a note of there ID and make a support tick via steam and report there ID and Steam will pursue the matter.

this is what I got from steam whilst pursuing the closing of the RaceDepartment steam community:

Hello Jarrod,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

In order to delete a Steam Community Group, you must remove every member of the group (including all owners and administrators).

Shortly after the group is memberless, it will be automatically deleted by the system.

We can not close down the community.

If someone is spamming the group, please let me know their Steam Community profile URL so that I may investigate.

RANT

Steam has the most annoying and stupid customer service i ever ran into!

Djeez, those guys managed to really really piss me off this time. Our RD Steamgroup is without control for sometime now. We have asked our members to leave that group last year because some idiot is fishing for passwords and account names (like on all steamgroups). Problem is that we left the group in the beginning so that means that we cannot kick those guys out anymore

Jarrod has sent a million emails to them the last months and everytime you get the same annoying message back that they cant do anything and when all members leave a group it will be automatically deleted.

I have now sent a few mails myself and they are not willing to help at all. They can give you back control over a group but they simply arent going to for some reason.

Morrons!! I really liked steam in the beginning but as always when a compony gets too big the arrogance takes over.

/rant finished!!

Steam account Hi-Jacked!

Hi guys, Ive just had my steam account Hi-jacked, it was a link saying get a free game, so just be carefull! it gets passed from friend to friend! Now i have to go about getting it back :/

Regards Matt Parr

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back