Steam Version - Low-Res Textures

I've been playing the offline version of Race 07 + expansions for a couple of years now. Yesterday I uninstalled it and reinstalled the Steam version, as I can finally race online. Unfortunately, I have an irritating problem.

Basically, the cars both in the preview and in-game are using very low-res textures. They're so low that you can barely read any writing or sponsor logos. All cars are affected whether they're stock or mods. I never had anything like this with the offline version, and was running the game perfectly with all graphics options set to max.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's four, two of a stock car and two of a mod car. I'm wondering if the texture issue is actually affecting the whole game, as the flags at Donnington look awful.

Attachments

• Clio Preview.jpg
    Clio Preview.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 259
  • Clio In-Game.jpg
    Clio In-Game.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 286
  • DB9R Preview.jpg
    DB9R Preview.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 303
  • DB9R In-Game.jpg
    DB9R In-Game.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 294
  • Flags.jpg
    Flags.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 254
Have you double checked your ingame and config settings? Looks indeed a bit low to me :) What GFX card do you use?

Yep... double, triple and quadruple checked my settings. :confused: I have an ATI Radeon HD 4870.

Look like you have your AA seting on low. Check the config like Bram said. :)

AA is disabled, because it causes stuttering for me in the Steam version. It didn't in the offline version, but there you go. Enabled it as a quick test, but it did not improve the texture quality.

Edit:

Marcel vd Aa said:
This is either a Anisotropic Filtering or mip mapping issue...check those settings in your graphic card config, also check the AntiAliasing setting as mentioned above.

All graphics card settings are set to either 'Use Application Settings' or 'Quality'. (Mip-Maps are 'Quality', Adaptive AA disabled.)

This is driving me mad!

Attachments

• Config.jpg
    Config.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 270
Fixed! :D

In the settings screenshot, you can see that the General Detail setting is 'Custom'. This is because I raised each of the other settings individually. For whatever reason, the settings didn't take. I set General Detail to 'Max' which results in the exact same settings, and voila... high-res textures. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies, guys. :good:

Attachments

• Clio Before.jpg
    Clio Before.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Clio After.jpg
    Clio After.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 287

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No