1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Steam Thanksgiving Sale 2012

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohameddo-san, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I don't know if anyone else outside of the U.S. is having this sale, but, it is not as significant is the Christmas sale.

Still, share what you bought in the sale.

2. Listed as Autumn Sale on my end. Probably will get something, but nothing today it seems.

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Meh...must not check Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

So far, I bought,

Star Wars Dark Forces
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II
    Star Wars Jedi Knight Mysteries of the Sith (I have completed my collection of Jedi Knight games on Steam)
    Darksiders I
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

The list will be updated in the coming days.

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Darksiders 1 is really great. Bought 2 some weeks ago (was on sale for 17€, now it's on sale for 16.99€) but didn't play it yet.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

If I do buy it will be a -75 % nothing less...but nothing is jumping out at me yet..:)

Edit..
    Black shark .....looks good

7. Almost pulled the trigger on Age of Empires Collection, good to kill a few hours on, also debating about Postal 3 but that is only 33% off.

8. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108
    Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen Premium Member

Pity me, I haven't opened Steam yesterday, will do this immediately after coming home...

9. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Missed to buy AoE III yesterday, but now I just bought Portal 2, Blood Bowl, Zombie Driver HD and Indie Game Movie.
    Will look for more 75% discounts...

10. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Was looking for a good tower defense game and bought Defense Grid + DLC. Seemed like a good deal für 3.49€. :)

I've bought Max Payne 1 on day 1 back when it was released but I still can't justify buying Max Payne 3. The setting just isn't the same and the graphics look meh to me as well.

Also, there are many games up to 90% off but they're not even listed on the front page - this article is helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Awesome! Thank you!
    Added Deus Ex 3 plus Missing Link DLC and Psychonauts.

12. I also missed the AoE collection, debated too long, it's still on offer but now £14. I started Origin yesterday, first time in a while and they also had a Sale on, I got the complete C&C franchise for £13. NFS Most Wanted was £23 IIRC.

13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

F1 2012 on 50% now (20EUR).

I've bought New Star Soccer 5, Max Payne 3, and Company of Heroes collection (or something like that) so far! :)

14. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

And I got gifted a couple of other games, as a (extremely) late birthday present! Weey! Sniper Elite Franchise & Worms Revolution! :)

EDIT: What? Christmas sale? I need money! Now! :p

15. Sniper Elite 1 is awesome, I still play it, Sniper Elite 2 is a horrible waste of pixels.

Had 4-5 "this game not available in your region" messages, I wonder what they all were.

16. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Hm I found SE:V2 to be amusing, especially in coop. Prolly depends on what you want to get out of it. :)

17. Yeah, I was/am a fan of the original game, and expected something similar. But for me this even fails as a generic shooter.
    Story none, checkpoints to... check every half a minute, the whole world is 20 metres wide, the AI is stupid, controls and movement are bad, the game was quite demanding to run, while not looking especially great, etc.

Last day of the Steam sale, I saw nothing that interesting for myself :(

18. Doh! Realised I already owned C&C Generals, C&C3, C&C4 via Steam so I gained RA1 (which I own on disk anyway), which looks absolutely shocking on my 37", I don't really know what I was expecting with it hailing from circa 1997 though. I've not tried RA2 yet but I'm not holding out much hope for that one being playable either. C&C3 onwards will be fine. I suppose I could play RA1\2 on the lappy.

Does anyone know if it's possible to give away games downloaded on Origin?, if so I might just do what I did with another double purchase some time back, IIRC it was CMR DiRT or DiRT2 that ErikT won in that competition.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 4 8 15 16 23 42 108

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

So this is my complete list. I hope copying is allowed:)
    I missed: AoE III (see post #9 - my bad, I just missed it), Spec Ops: The Line (did not fall to 75% discount), Gemini Rue, Trine 2 Goblin Menace DLC (waited for both to become even cheaper, they didn't; while last offers were counting down on the front page all other games were put back to normal...STEAM should have made this clear, they had no countdown and sale still was running)

Legend of Grimrock
    Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
    Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
    NightSky
    Quantum Conundrum Season Pass
    Broken Sword - Trilogy pack
    Introversion Complete Pack (March 2012)
    Magnetis
    Toki Tori
    The Void
    Dark Fall: Lost Souls
    Bad Rats: the Rats Revenge
    Zeno Clash
    Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Standard Edition
    Psychonauts
    Indie Game: The Movie
    Portal 2
    Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
    Zombie Driver HD Plus Soundtrack

Mohammed Abidi now what did you buy else?

20. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

All I bought is all I have listed.

I'm going to buy more at the Christmas sale.