steam re-install help wanted Race07

Hi all. I noticed recently that i couldnt join wtcc 06 and wtcc07 lobbies online as there were unknown cars in both. I narrowed it down to the e46 in wtcc07 and the alfa gta and toledo in wtcc06. I copied my gamedata, ui and user folders to desktop. Deleted the teams wtcc07 folder and custom skins and then deleted and reinstalled race07. I then copied my old gamedata ui and user back to the race 07 folder. This worked for wtcc07 which is now playable again online. I forgot to delete the toledo and gta 06 folders however and still cant play wtcc 06 online.

SO... My question is, can i just delete the 2 wtcc06 folders (toledo 1 and alfa gta 1)in teams and the app.ini folder and then restart? Saving me the hastle of copying all my mods to desktop and doing a full uninstall again. Would steam just install the 2 missing folders after the restart?

Sorry if this is too confusing and long winded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, AndyR

Back home at my pc now. The app.ini i mentioned above is actually appcache folder. I tried the idea mentioned but no joy. I have solved the issue however.

For anyone experiencing an issue involving unknown cars in a class online. You may have 2 folders/files that share the same name. I deleted a folder from teams and i think talent as well which contained files named exactly the same as the ones in the wtcc folder and all is well again.

Cheers again for the speedy response Dennis.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%