F1 2011 Steam Pre-Load available

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
If you don't want to be in a huge queue on release day, you can start your pre-load of F1 2011 on Steam. Just checked and my EU version is downloading as we speak :)

Not sure where you saw the 19th...this is what i have right now:

unlock.jpg

A day and 3 hours from right now (well when i took the screenie) is midnight tomorrow..

why would steam let everyone else have it early when the game is officially released on the 23rd? something tells my the Steam Staff got it wrong.

EDIT: Steam has corrected their mistake.

[h=1]Available: 23 September 2011[/h] This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 15 hours

so don't be thinking you'll get it before the 23rd.

Yesterday lunchtime IIRC my Steam said it unlocked in 4 Days and 11hrs, which to me roughly means 00:00 Friday - but I am UK, so maybe they are giving it to USA a few days early so they can get some practice in before the Europeans show them how its done :D :D :D

If I remember correctly, didn't it take like an hour to unpack the 2010 version once it was unlocked?

Dunno - downloaded 2010 from Steam on the day (as I had planned to get it on disk in the shop) and it was D/L'd and playing within 30 mins for me.

I was looking at the 2011 folder and it seems the data and folder structure is there, but the XMLs are encrypted. I looked into the G27 actionmap as I was gonna add a 'look to apex' mod and the XML was unreadable.

why would steam let everyone else have it early when the game is officially released on the 23rd? something tells my the Steam Staff got it wrong.

EDIT: Steam has corrected their mistake.

Available: 23 September 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 15 hours

so don't be thinking you'll get it before the 23rd.

Just checked - my Steam still says 22nd (Germany), so 2 days, 8 hours as of now.

So true this is what is says for me in Canada, oh and that practice thing only goes for the states cause I am a Dutchman eventhough I live in Canada :tongue:

Available: 19 September 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 11 hours

Question will steam dl additional files for F1 2011 and will it then install the game ? I have no idea first time user with steam.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back