• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Pre-Load available

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Bram, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,173
    If you don't want to be in a huge queue on release day, you can start your pre-load of F1 2011 on Steam. Just checked and my EU version is downloading as we speak :)

2. Andrew Bortz

Andrew Bortz
    GoldenBortz

Ratings:
    +253
  3. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,173
    Oh didnt see that thread :)

Anyways my pre-load was done in a few minutes after a super speedy download :) #lovesteam

4. Ramon Alonso

Ramon Alonso

Ratings:
    +23
    Pre-loaded!!!!!!

5. Atanas Penchev

Atanas Penchev

Ratings:
    +1
    grrrrrrrr

6. glight

glight

Ratings:
    +146
    got mine too, loaded in 30 min at 5MB/s! (recently upgraded internet from 10Mbit/0.5Mbit to 50Mbit/3Mbit)

7. Phil Ciborowski

Phil Ciborowski

Ratings:
    +37
    Cant wait to tomorrow night(well actually early tuesday am) when i fire it up and start turning laps in anger!:cool:

8. Lancaster

Lancaster

Ratings:
    +0
    why is it unlocking at midnight tomorrow when the release date is listed as Sept. 19?

9. Phil Ciborowski

Phil Ciborowski

Ratings:
    +37
    Not sure where you saw the 19th...this is what i have right now:

[​IMG]
    A day and 3 hours from right now (well when i took the screenie) is midnight tomorrow..

10. Barnes

Barnes

Ratings:
    +189
    make it 23 hours,I'm not gonna get any sleep 2morrow night.I'll try to keep it to 2 hours after it unlocks :rolleyes:

11. Eric Parker

Eric Parker

Ratings:
    +80
    It should unlock shortly before I get home from work. One of the few times working evenings has its advantages.

12. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    why would steam let everyone else have it early when the game is officially released on the 23rd? something tells my the Steam Staff got it wrong.

EDIT: Steam has corrected their mistake.

[h=1]Available: 23 September 2011[/h] This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 15 hours

so don't be thinking you'll get it before the 23rd.

13. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Yesterday lunchtime IIRC my Steam said it unlocked in 4 Days and 11hrs, which to me roughly means 00:00 Friday - but I am UK, so maybe they are giving it to USA a few days early so they can get some practice in before the Europeans show them how its done :D :D :D

14. Scott Webber

Scott Webber

Ratings:
    +2,397
    Amen to that, americans are use to ovals only really :p

15. slider916

slider916

Ratings:
    +3
    If I remember correctly, didn't it take like an hour to unpack the 2010 version once it was unlocked?

16. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Dunno - downloaded 2010 from Steam on the day (as I had planned to get it on disk in the shop) and it was D/L'd and playing within 30 mins for me.

I was looking at the 2011 folder and it seems the data and folder structure is there, but the XMLs are encrypted. I looked into the G27 actionmap as I was gonna add a 'look to apex' mod and the XML was unreadable.

17. Jan Köhler

Jan Köhler

Ratings:
    +11
    Just checked - my Steam still says 22nd (Germany), so 2 days, 8 hours as of now.

18. Wojciech Grabowski

Wojciech Grabowski

Ratings:
    +8
    It all depends where are you - I'm from Poland, I'm gonna get game on 23rd.

19. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +16
    So true this is what is says for me in Canada, oh and that practice thing only goes for the states cause I am a Dutchman eventhough I live in Canada :tongue:

Available: 19 September 2011

This game will unlock in approximately 11 hours

Question will steam dl additional files for F1 2011 and will it then install the game ? I have no idea first time user with steam.

20. slider916

slider916

Ratings:
    +3
    In the U.S. games and media are released on Tuesday.