Steam only Release for AC

Chronus How is it you can take offense at being called a steam naysayer (you are saying nay to steam, correct?) yet freely call people that don't agree with you trolls? How exactly does not sharing your viewpoint make me or anybody else less of a simracer?

Hornbuckle,

you are utterly confused.

I didn't call anyone a "troll", I used the word in question between quotation marks ( " ") as Kenny introduced it.

But to clear your confusion: no offence was taken by this "steam naysayer", it just doesn't correspond to reality, no one I know is a "steam naysayer" just because, but rather due to several perfectly acceptable reasons (none of which is related to creating the problems most experience with Steam, as a certain "poster" keeps repeating ad nauseam).

Your confusion is rather disturbing. Some of us don't have the least problem with others thinking differently - actually, it's the other way around, the insults came from those that defend Steam above everything else and rejoice from AC being Steam-only..

The only problem I and others have is with how some of you twist the posts of others, how some of you insult others, how some of you do nothing but incite flames, which inevitably leads to respected simracers and modders to avoid posting or RD altogether.

The behaviour of some of you with people like Lee is quite telling (which you know all too well).

I guess its a real shame about Lee....the guy can't figure out twitter but wants us to believe Steam killed his computer ...I'm sure there was 0% chance of operator error on that one.

GTL is currently $4 on Steam...I might buy it just to see how big of a pain it is to install and get working.

And who all is rejoicing that it is Steam only? If given the choice between Steam and a direct download from the AC website I would be torn between the convenience of steam and the fact that all the money goes to kunos through his website......

Hampus Andersson Lets not get ahead of ourselves on Steam Workshop....I hope AC will utilize it but will understand if it doesn't happen.

Fair enough, Kenny.

On the other hand: if the "mainstream" provides for a big number of "game choices" and these "choices" pale in comparison to the choices we had (NR2003, GPL, rFactor, GTL, Race07, NKP, LFS), what good are they for?

Now there you've got me, can't argue with those titles and you forgot to include GTR 2 + Reborn in the list.:thumbsup:

It is what it is, and probably nothing we say will change it. So maybe best I let it drop.

No need to worry people are running different versions of a mod as well.

I can see this being very painful though. What if people want to run/serve games with older mods.

Considering nothing has been confirmed on mods etc, I can see AC still going to no modding/mod support entirely as it'd make life even EASIER for KS to implement... if easiness is what the focus is on now?

Dave

Hampus Andersson Lets not get ahead of ourselves on Steam Workshop....I hope AC will utilize it but will understand if it doesn't happen.

I think it will work.
The Steam Workshop provides a way for players of Valve and Steamworks-enabled games to find and obtain user-created content. Users can use in-game or separate tools to construct new levels, game modifications, or other content for games that support the Workshop and then publish them. End users can then subscribe to such content through the Steam client or web site and automatically download it to the user's computer and integrate with the game.

There should be consequences to bad behavior - what other ways can you lose your account?

Being hacked. But as in most cases it's the users fault when he visits suspicious websites or downloads illegal cracks and runs them.

At least they introduced Steam Guard which ensures that you can only log in with authorized PC's/Browsers/Mobiles. So in theory I could post my user/password of my Steam-Account and nothing will happen. The hacker would need my e-mail account as well for that.

And even if that happens with proof of purchases u will get your account back!

And with cheating they ban you from Multiplayer but u don't lose your account.

So I see no real reason to avoid Steam because of that matters I wrote.

As Steam seems to be the new Godwin when it comes to internet discussions here is my reply.

Please if you don't like Steam or think its the worst thing that is ever invented then please don't buy the game. I am sure that the developers don't want to force you to buy a product that you don't support.

For every person that loudly announces they won't buy the game because of steam 100 others will see the game in Valve's network and do buy it. From a business perspective its very clear what decision then should be made.

All I know is that Steam has never prevented us to organize kickass leagues and casual races and that is what counts for a racing game I think.

So please don't buy it and keep convincing yourself you made the right choice when we are clipping the apex of Eau Rouge in our online GT Series. Jeehaa :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%