Steam only Release for AC

Not real sure why my tweet was sad or why you are (or at least come across as) very angry at everything.

Sure you know. What you are doing now you already did in the other thread.

The reasons for not wanting Steam were given - you were all too quick to throw a stone at Marcel, but did you actually read the posts? Nothing to say about this, sir?

Bottom line: some don't want Steam? Fine.
Some want Steam? Fine.
Discussion over.

It is odd that it would be worth about 30% of their profits, but there are so many people who refuse to play games that are not on Steam that it must make sense to them.
Well, just compare selling from a website, like netkar, vs. selling on Steam. It's quite easy to imagine them selling several times more copies.
As far as other retailers go, they'd get much less money back than from Steam.

Well, just compare selling from a website, like netkar, vs. selling on Steam. It's quite easy to imagine them selling several times more copies.
As far as other retailers go, they'd get much less money back than from Steam.
They could still reach more people on Steam and get full amount on their website. People would just have to choose what they prefer. Maybe it has to do with cross-server multiplayer or piracy, but either way, I'm very disappointed.

I'll wait a bit, to see what I'll do. It's not like Kunos owes nKP and FVA players anything, but my expectations were such that I'm not liking this at all.

Maybe it has to do with cross-server multiplayer or piracy, but either way, I'm very disappointed.

I'll wait a bit, to see what I'll do. It's not like Kunos owes nKP and FVA players anything, but my expectations were such that I'm not liking this at all.

As long as AC is Steam only, there is no reason for me to purchase it. I know many others that think the same way, but it is obvious that the majority wants it on Steam and that is what counts at the end of the day.

And yes, Kunos doesn't owe fans (and owners of NKP and FVA) anything, so this is something we have to accept. Still, for those of us who've "supported" Kunos it would be nice to see a non-steam release.

I guess it does cost Kunos quite a bit of money to arrange the non steam license system. Now they don't have to bother about activations etc. It saves them alot of time when Steam organises this part of the distribution.

More time for Kunos to focus on AC itself. How can this be a bad thing? Perhaps the Steam naysayers should give Steam another try? :)

I guess it does cost Kunos quite a bit of money to arrange the non steam license system. Now they don't have to bother about activations etc. It saves them alot of time when Steam organises this part of the distribution.

More time for Kunos to focus on AC itself. How can this be a bad thing? Perhaps the Steam naysayers should give Steam another try? :)
I do use Steam for cheap throwaway games on sale that I want to toy with, but for a major title that I would fire up daily, I just can't bring myself to using that platform at the moment. Maybe if there were some kind of support when there is a problem, but at the moment, Steam is reserved for random bargain bin games.

I can become a licensed member whenever i want ? At least you tried to sound badass, ahah.

not trying to sound badass lol, but when members like you become the majority of RD I will have to look elsewhere. that's an easy thing to do. anyhow your reputation suffered already, a change of name won't take your posts away.

They will also take care of the marketing for Kunos, which is another chunk of budget they would need to spend without Steam.

your reputation suffered already
Wake up dude.

Perhaps the Steam naysayers should give Steam another try? :)

Why do these people keep on calling other people something?

No one is a "naysayer" just because, sir, go read the other thread and inform yourself to understand why people want to stay away from Steam.

It is Kunos prerogative to go with Steam, those that don't want anything with it will steer clear from AC.

What is the problem with these people? I have to agree with you Marcel again. RD is fast becoming a centre for these types, already good posters (and modders) with a long history here and elsewhere are staying away due to these people, so maybe it's time to stay away from them...and RD. Sadly.

It is odd that it would be worth about 30% of their profits, but there are so many people who refuse to play games that are not on Steam that it must make sense to them.

There are more than 70 Milliion registered Steam users right now.

And advertised on their Steam-Shop Kunos will reach more guys than without Steam. Seriously they just have to post pretty Ferrari-Screenshots or so and it will be massed bought.

And the last few 5 guys or so who still refuse to use Steam: Sure, they can do it. But in the end I guess the "collateral damage" is so significant low that it just doesn't matter.

Let's the flaming from guys going (or already gone) mad begin. :)

Why do these people keep on calling other people something?

No one is a "naysayer" just because, sir, go read the other thread and inform yourself to understand why people want to stay away from Steam.

It is Kunos prerogative to go with Steam, those that don't want anything with it will steer clear from AC.

What is the problem with these people? I have to agree with you Marcel again. RD is fast becoming a centre for these types, already good posters (and modders) with a long history here and elsewhere are staying away due to these people, so maybe it's time to stay away from them...and RD. Sadly.

You are saying 'no' to Steam, aren't you? No value judgement in that.

There frankly isn't much too discuss at the moment. Kunos has decided a business plan. Not much I, you, or we can do about it. I never really used steam, so no idea how it will work out for me. But if 70 million people use it, it surely can't be a horrible service.

This thread could go on to a million pages, but the facts would remain the same; those are willing to use Steam will enjoy AC, those who aren't, won't. It's as simple as that at the minute. Maybe it'll change in the future, but until then Kunos appear to have made their decision.

I don't think they change their mind.

It is much easier for them to be on Steam only: They don't have to pay for Download-Servers, Marketing-Campaigns, Licensing-Servers (or pay some company to handle it) and other things.

And who really can't live with Steam: Don't buy AC it's easy as that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%