• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Steam Link Compatibility

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tom, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,196
    So, I know I should play with a wheel and so on but for the past 2 years I didn't have the space etc. and now I've finally gotten a Steam Link and wanted to fire up AC again. Even tho I didn't play I kept purchasing the DLC, simply because Kunos deserves to be supported, and thought I could finally actually make use of it.

Sadly, the Steam Link doesn't seem to work with AC. Before starting the game there's a big warning that a keyboard / mouse should be used etc. but once the game is running nothing is actually working. How can I get AC to work with my Steam Link? It works for all other games and my Google Fu revealed that the problem seems to be known but I couldn't find a solution.

Tom

2. kelemenlajos

kelemenlajos

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! Just registered to help out ;)
    AC works with steam link. But you need "VitrualHere for Steam Link" for the controllers. It should work without any issues (It works with my G25).

3. Shaun Huelskamp

Shaun Huelskamp
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5
    I bought VirtualHere and almost immediately requested a refund. It "worked" but the framerate dropped to very unplayable levels when running virtualhere on the steam link. Disabling VirtualHere would bring the framerate back up to normal but you can't use the wheel.