• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Steam keys for current owners of Formula Truck 2013

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Renato Simioni, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +241
    I looked everywhere and Im not finding.
    I cant even find my profile folder, where the .plr file is located.
    I have a profile created, I have setups...but I have no idea where this is allocated.

I guess I will lose all my setups. :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Ratings:
    +421
    Just covering all bases here, but have you tried doing a Windows search for "plr" in your entire HD, or something similar?

3. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +151
    If you value your setups so much and if you can't find them, then just go setup by setup and write everything down or record it with bandicam or other screen capturing software. It will take a while, but you will have your setups.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +998
    It's peculiar you can't find them, As said above I guess you have tried searching your PC for *.plr That should find it, no?

5. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,050
    Its in userdata. Just above all your config ini etc, in the folders in the main game folder. You can't miss it. ;)

6. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +241
    My profile folder it is not on the instalation of the game.
    I know how the folders works, I use rFactor since 2008, doing thousand of changes.
    I have GSC more for more than a year.
    Inside the UserData folder there is only the Controllers folder. :unsure:

My in game name is Angelo dos Santos...but where this folder is, is a complete mistery.

I will try search the plr files when I get home...but I searched lots of folders last night trying to find this, without success.
    Of course, this only happens with the Formula Truck instalation.

Odd.

7. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos

Ratings:
    +241
    I gave up. Have no idea where all my data was stored.
    Old installation is gone.

Thank you for all the ones who tried to help. :thumbsup:

8. roby13

roby13

Ratings:
    +49
    hey guys! dont know if its been cleared previously, but i recently moved abroad, so no pc or simracing whatsoever for a couple of months. is this going to raise a problem cause i really would like to get a steam key also..

9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +3,610
    System for key switch is not going to be taken down, but you might as well go and retrieve it now following the instructions in the opening post. You´ll already get your key to use it when you get back.

10. RemusRacing

RemusRacing

Ratings:
    +149
    If I swap my game over to steam will I need to download the whole game again? I have a very slow connection so using steam is not good for me but I do want the new update and tracks :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. RemusRacing

RemusRacing

Ratings:
    +149
    Got my steam key :) very fast reply from Reiza thank you. Not a bad download speed either only 2.5hrs which is good for me

12. Sri Sri

Sri Sri

Ratings:
    +111
    @Reiza Studios

Sorry for raising this here, but 4 days back I had sent a mail to regarding an issue I have but am yet to receive a reply.

Basically, the mail address that I used to get the game is no longer in use, so I would like to know whether I can be given a steam code with the transaction information that I have.

EDIT: Got the code and works perfectly, thanks!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  13. davoroni

davoroni

Ratings:
    +1
    got the code- great now how do i use it in steam?
    i can't run formula truck if it isn't installed there and i have to pay again to install?

14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,346
    If you have a Steam key, you don't have to buy the game again. Open Steam (install it first…:)) and in the Games menu choose "Activate a Product on Steam". Once you've entered the key, it should download the game and install it. Have fun!

15. davoroni

davoroni

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks that worked. i didn't see i could install before hand.
    cheers, see you in the races!
    now about putting new tracks like my old FormulaTruck has. like Nordshleife, and Road America...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jon Turner

Jon Turner

Ratings:
    +74
    Is it still possible to activate a Steam key? i just recieved mine from Reiza and steam is asking me to please activate the original game. Does this mean they are going to force me to install Automobilista?? or is my key wrong?