Steam install problems?

I have a couple questions. The Steam install is goofy, it seems to install two versions of the game into different dir's. Sometimes I can get it to run and have all my tracks/cars, and sometimes not. Is there a guide somewhere that addresses this? I did some googling and found people talking about this, but no mention on how they fixed it.

What I've done is take all the files from the second install and merged them with the main race07, and it seems all my cars/tracks are there. Is this ok, or will I run into problems?

Secondly, I get some stutter on track. I didn't get this with the demo. I also noticed that if I stop the windows service "Steam Proxy.exe" (or something like that) it goes away. I realize there's a lot of things like memory, video cards, etc that matter, but it seems to me that Steam shouldn't be causing this problem. That, and a 6 year old game should run on my relatively modern PC w/o troubles.

Also having issue with race07/steam. I uninstall steam on my main PC, because it would not load, just doing nothing, reinstaled it, but it still does nothing.
My steam account on my lap top works just fine. I do not know what to do about the PC anymore!

I think the answer is very easy:

One Steam Account is done for one person.
If Steam is already online on your laptop, it won't work on your main PC. Else, you need 2 different accounts.

Try first to change Steam Online to offline mode on your laptop ... It should do the trick.
But you never may be logged with the same account at the same time.

I suppose that when you reinstalled Steam and after first log in you received a mail from them giving you a code to enter in order to proove it's well your account ?

Thank you Jean Pierre, went there and tried to uninstall manually, but there was no: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\ to delete in my registry.

it is like Steam is not really uninstalled therefore it is not seen as a new install when I do uninstall it and the issue persist.

Found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\ I will try to uninstall again!!!!
then if it does not work again!!!!!
will try cclean
Thank you Jean Pierre
Justin thank for the link, tried that a while back, but no result.

Problem solved, thank you Jean Pierre, I guess the manual uninstall finally did the trick.
I think I understand now why some of us are not happy with steam, what a waste of time and energy.
Time to go back to (paying) work.

Problem solved, thank you Jean Pierre, I guess the manual uninstall finally did the trick.
I think I understand now why some of us are not happy with steam, what a waste of time and energy.
Time to go back to (paying) work.

You're welcome Cote Dazur ;)
And after paying work, a bit of sun at Côte d'Azur ?? :roflmao:

Justin, yes one account at the time, diffucult to drive 2 Cars at once anyway, LOL.
The one on my Lap Top is when I travel I have an extra wheel and play from the hotel.
The other on my ( serious ) PC connected to home rig.
Originaly from Antibes, playing and working in Canada at this time.;)

Heh... great... seems it doesn't want anymore to use my old profile files!
He creates a new folder in Documents/Simbin called "Race 07 installation 2"... and if I copy all file from Race 07 it created installation 3 and so on... now I have to understand how to recover all my old configuration and files form older profile... otherwise it's a game throwed in the toilet!

Ok, I think I recovered everything... I suppose the main problem file was the "GameInstallDir.ini" file... which was related to the old Race07 path...

Anyway I backupped my old Document\Simbin\Race07 folder then deleted them all, allowed the game to create a new profile (so it did it in a folder name Race 07 and not Race 07 install X).

Then I took all the profile files from backupped folder and put again in the new one.

I just omitted few stuffs... expecially "GameInstallDir.ini", but also some others for security.

I named the profile same way than the old one, so I was able to copy back old file and get old configurations. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%