1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam gets me steaming

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by mailgei, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Steam Experience:
    I am sure the intentions of tying up with Steam is justified, but i find it so inconvenient and painful. Every time i wish to play the game, we have some kind of update takeing place and that too with out me knowing what is actually going on. Such a deterrent to log on to steam and interact with the wider community out there. Right now there is some update that is going on and i have no clue why. Just the other day i spent over 20 mins choking my bandwidth of both patience and of my internet connection, before i could just play the game. Frustrating really.

Is there a way to know what these updates really are? and is it possible for me to decide if i want the update?
  2. they were probably the two patches release that fixed a buttload of stuff with the game, including the autosave bug. That one alone is worth 20 minutes imo. But there is a way to not update- right click on F1 2012 in the library of games and click properties->updates tab->change the pull down to do not update
  3. Right click on game -> view news.

Right click on game -> properties -> updates -> do not automatically update this game
  4. be advised,..everytime you launch the game it will auto-switch it back to "always update this game". you have to manually catch it every time you start steam,..and when you close the game.
  5. Weird, is that something specific to F1 2012? Doesn't happen with some of my games.
  6. Thank you guys for your posts appreciate the advice. Cheers