1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam gets me steaming

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by mailgei, Sep 29, 2012.

1. mailgei

mailgei

Ratings:
    +0
    Steam Experience:
    I am sure the intentions of tying up with Steam is justified, but i find it so inconvenient and painful. Every time i wish to play the game, we have some kind of update takeing place and that too with out me knowing what is actually going on. Such a deterrent to log on to steam and interact with the wider community out there. Right now there is some update that is going on and i have no clue why. Just the other day i spent over 20 mins choking my bandwidth of both patience and of my internet connection, before i could just play the game. Frustrating really.

Is there a way to know what these updates really are? and is it possible for me to decide if i want the update?

2. emppu

emppu

Ratings:
    +15
    they were probably the two patches release that fixed a buttload of stuff with the game, including the autosave bug. That one alone is worth 20 minutes imo. But there is a way to not update- right click on F1 2012 in the library of games and click properties->updates tab->change the pull down to do not update

3. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Right click on game -> view news.

Right click on game -> properties -> updates -> do not automatically update this game

4. FakeRacer

FakeRacer

Ratings:
    +0
    be advised,..everytime you launch the game it will auto-switch it back to "always update this game". you have to manually catch it every time you start steam,..and when you close the game.

5. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Weird, is that something specific to F1 2012? Doesn't happen with some of my games.

6. mailgei

mailgei

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you guys for your posts appreciate the advice. Cheers