1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Steam Friends and Chewin' the Fat

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Chris Stacey, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

With AC's multiplayer release (hopefully) just a few weeks away, I thought it'd be good to get some more friends on my steam friends list who are just as passionate about Assetto Corsa, and Sim Racing in general, as I am. This would be highly useful for me for when Multiplayer is released, because it will make joining peoples lobbies much quicker and easier :) Or if you just want to have a bit of chin wag about pre/post race action, or about real Motorsport. It's all good stuff.

My SteamID is: Tophercheese
    Also, don't forget to join the RaceDepartment group on steam if you haven't already!

Feel free to send me a a friend request :)
    Hope to see you all on track very soon!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. eSEA One

eSEA One
    eSEA One Premium Member

I got a similar thread going on over at the AC forum !" "Need Some Steam Friends and it is on its 9th page :) did not realise it would go that far;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Steam id: devilsixpence

4. Does anyone know if AC will have the steam groups showing in the leaderboards and stuff? Or is it just friends list? I'm a bit reluctant to post my steam name publicly for security reasons! One less thing for hackers to hax0rz! I did already add a couple of people from that AC forum thread who were showing as also in RaceDept...

5. yeah, I`m also more for exchanging steam ids via pm...so if anyone is interested, feel free to, ah **** it, my steam id is: letstry69

6. Nice to chit-chat some motorsports and simracing, as well as doing som multiplayer. I'll add you as soon as i get home from work.

7. I wrote in there and it was too much^^
    got 50 friends now, haha

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Ah screw it, I'll take a leaf out of Sebastian's book. If anyone from here wants another name on their list, feel free to add me... Steam.

I'm 30+ age group from UK, and picked up AC this weekend after having thought about it for quite a while now. Glad I did, it's great... masses of potential for multiplayer :) So I'm new to it, and not very good/fast at racing, but I do try. I'm more of a general gaming fan and play all sorts of games. (Particularly like DayZ.)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anyone can add me if you feel like it :)

Steam id: marine5790

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. How many of you guys are using the RSR app? Easy to add friends there too to see how fast/slow one is ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Yeah mate i've got it, but I hardly use it.

I prefer just using practice mode ahah. More relaxing.

12. Haha yeah, I know what you mean...was doing nurb last night in the McLaren GT3 and it sent my bloodpressue through the roof when trying to get a decent time in:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I actually installed RSR lastnight.. I like it. For slow people like me, it looks like it'll be a good way of pushing to get better :)

The friends bit doesn't seem to do much on mine though. I hit refresh like the guide says and no one appears. Hmm. Have to look in to that.

14. It did not show anything at first when I added a friend (said friends 0)but when I selected "friends" in the drop down menu on a specific track/car combo it displayed the times.
    I'll add you tonight on rsr and see if it displays anything.

15. I think it might just be me being dense :/ I thought you could hit a button and it would import your AC steam friends automatically... I think you have to add them individually.

Edit: Yep, I added you Jan, can see you on there fine now :)

I'm surprised RaceDept doesn't have their own Driver Community on there!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  16. Aha, cool :)

17. Wow u certainly got ur gamepad dialed in pretty good..p1 in nurburg with the gt2...nice

18. I added some of you guys.

I'm 5 years old - as you can see on the avatar. I like to shoot and playing AC with my daddy.

Just joking I'm the hairy guy on the right ... :)

Feel free to add me as a friend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Wow! World record times with an x360 controller!! They should start fitting gamepads in real life racing cars as obviously these steering wheel things are totally outdated :rolleyes:

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 1