F1 2012 "steam failed to start the game (app already running)".

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I have started to get this message when using either flashback or replay (at end of race etc)

"steam failed to start the game (app already running)"

I have deleted the game and reinstalled (saved my userdata file) but still get the same, however I created a new profile and all works fine.

Is there any way around this, or if nor what location are set-ups saved to allow me to copy them to the new profile please?

As I said, it only affects one profile, not the new one.
Removed everything I can think of as added (back to 'as new' following reinstall ) but still happens on original profile
Might just have to use that one, anyone know which folder my set-ups might be stored in to save imputting them all again??

Your setups with be in your profile files, not as a separate config file for each setup.

Profile files :-

YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86\Steam\userdata\YourSteamID\208500\remote

These files will be encrypted, so you will not be able to get the setups out of them .......

Im 99% sure this is regarded to mods. I say this because im always working on some mods and when i do something wrong i get this message, then i undo the changes and the game starts. And im using a lot of mods and sweetfx + visor view mod. If you want to "reinstall" just use the verifiy files integrity on steam, it will replace any modded files with default ones, and download any file that is missing. Just be aware that your mods are going to be deleted.

Im 99% sure this is regarded to mods. I say this because im always working on some mods and when i do something wrong i get this message, then i undo the changes and the game starts. And im using a lot of mods and sweetfx + visor view mod. If you want to "reinstall" just use the verifiy files integrity on steam, it will replace any modded files with default ones, and download any file that is missing. Just be aware that your mods are going to be deleted.

Deleted everything (saved userdata) including F1 folder in 'My Games' and reinstalling
hope this works

As Roberto says, you do not have to re-install, just verify your game cache in Steam.

Right Click On F1 2012 in Steam > Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game cache

This automatically downloads and replaces any broken, missing, or modded files, leaving a fully patched standard install

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%