F1 2012 Steam error 41

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
When using "Back to main menu" F1 2012 crashes to desktop. The steam windows displays: "The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for F1 2012. Error Code (41)".
Is there a solution to clear the error?

delete your hardware settings file in My games folder. Then restart. If it still happens, or as is more likely you now cannot save your game anymore, delete your profile from the Userdata folder in the Steam folder. You can back this up first. The start a fresh game, save it. Then copy your profile back across.

Hey guys, i have been experiencing the same error 41 problem in same situation as Renneboog above. I appear to have fixed the problem.
Are either of you guys using custom gaming wheels, sli-pro's etc? And have modified your hardware_settings_config files?
Well long story short, i use a sli-pro with desty script and have to modify the hardware_settings_config to make the script and additional display info work. I believe thats the problem. I have changed my config file back to standard, and changed my custom_scripts file back to standard and now i dont get the error 41 or crashing back to windows.
It looks like their are numerous forums running on this and possibly crashes at different times of the game, but so far this has fixed mine to a playable game :)
Still i remain somewhat disappointed that talented people right cool scripts like Destys Script and we cant use them due to Codemasters having a game that wont allow them to play properly.
Anyway if i can help more, please msg me. All the best.

Hey guys, i have been experiencing the same error 41 problem in same situation as Renneboog above. I appear to have fixed the problem.
Are either of you guys using custom gaming wheels, sli-pro's etc? And have modified your hardware_settings_config files?
Well long story short, i use a sli-pro with desty script and have to modify the hardware_settings_config to make the script and additional display info work. I believe thats the problem. I have changed my config file back to standard, and changed my custom_scripts file back to standard and now i dont get the error 41 or crashing back to windows.
It looks like their are numerous forums running on this and possibly crashes at different times of the game, but so far this has fixed mine to a playable game :)
Still i remain somewhat disappointed that talented people right cool scripts like Destys Script and we cant use them due to Codemasters having a game that wont allow them to play properly.

I also use SLI-PRO and therefore modified hardware_settings_config files. Looks like we've localised the problem. That already a start. :)

I will let Desty know of this tonight, maybe he can fix it.

It has nothing to do with Desty's Script. I run my SLI-PRO with the standard scripts from EK Simracing and have the same problem as you. Maybe it's the SLIMAX Manager that conflicts with Steam?

I have neither of them installed and had this problem with the F1 2012 Review version. Some people said it's related to having the Steam beta version installed, which I've been using indeed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back