1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Steam connection problem

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by William Yunck, May 21, 2008.

1. I can't seem to get connected to steam this morning, it asks for my password and then says it can't connect. Anyone else having problems?
    I is Wednesday the 21st.
    Thanks

2. Mine fires up ok,but it cant log onto steam freinds,and in the game it cant find the world ranking/vwtcc servers,says up in the top left corner "generic steam error",so something must be going on.

Edit: freinds list is back now,still waiting on some guy called williunck to accept my invitation........

3. ok thanks Gary, I got it to start an update - we'll see what happens.
    Well nothing happens it says update complete and then asks for the password again - i type it in and it says connection error. Nothing on the steam page about any problems at the momernt.

4. me too... nothing...:/
    wathever... tonight is RDVC... :)

5. I'm connected - without problems.

6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I guess you already deleted the .blob files and tried again?

7. I did try that, which is what prompted the update I guess, but the update finishes and I get a login box ( I have never had to login before other than the first time) I type my password and try to login. After a few moments it says steam cannot connect. This happens everytime so far this morning. I was connected last night no problem.
    thanks

8. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

i got this problem aswell

9. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Sounds like Steam problems :( (region-based also maybe)

10. got the same problem, but after a while it worked for me, however i saw several reports like this, so definetely there is an issue.

11. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i had this problem at around 2:30 - 3pm in UK, however all is working fine now.