1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam connection problem

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by William Yunck, May 21, 2008.

1. I can't seem to get connected to steam this morning, it asks for my password and then says it can't connect. Anyone else having problems?
    I is Wednesday the 21st.
  2. Mine fires up ok,but it cant log onto steam freinds,and in the game it cant find the world ranking/vwtcc servers,says up in the top left corner "generic steam error",so something must be going on.

Edit: freinds list is back now,still waiting on some guy called williunck to accept my invitation........
  3. ok thanks Gary, I got it to start an update - we'll see what happens.
    Well nothing happens it says update complete and then asks for the password again - i type it in and it says connection error. Nothing on the steam page about any problems at the momernt.
  4. me too... nothing...:/
    wathever... tonight is RDVC... :)
  5. I'm connected - without problems.
  6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I guess you already deleted the .blob files and tried again?
  7. I did try that, which is what prompted the update I guess, but the update finishes and I get a login box ( I have never had to login before other than the first time) I type my password and try to login. After a few moments it says steam cannot connect. This happens everytime so far this morning. I was connected last night no problem.
  8. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

i got this problem aswell
  9. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Sounds like Steam problems :( (region-based also maybe)
  10. got the same problem, but after a while it worked for me, however i saw several reports like this, so definetely there is an issue.
  11. Neil Tennant

Neil Tennant
    @ Simberia @Simberia

i had this problem at around 2:30 - 3pm in UK, however all is working fine now.