F1 2012 Steam cloud+account delete

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Since I have started playing F1 2012 my game's account has been deleted 4 or 5 times.
Firstly I receive a steam message telling me about steam cloud. Then I have the option to upload to steam or download to machine. Then another message is coming that says my F1 2012 account may be deleted if I play. In the second time I play the game after the message comes my account is deleted.
Has anyone else had this problem? Have you got over this problem?

If you have any mod installed that effect the drivers, car grip, AI speeds etc then remove them if playing online. So that is any mod that has edited the database. You should be OK with any visual mods, like car skins, helmets, track textures, and tyre textures.

The first thing to do is to disable the Steam Cloud, it is not needed and more trouble than it's worth. I would also verify your game files to ensure that you have a complete set of of clean, uncorrupted, fully patched standard files (this will over-write any mods installed).

1/ Run Steam > Right click on F1 2012 > Properties > Updates Tab > Ensure Auto-update is selected and the Steam Cloud is deselected

2/ Open the Local Files Tab > Select 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Hopefully you will now be good to go .......

hope this works, i had a mess about in the database as iwas bored driving against the same layouts, i am more than happy to switch files to go online if needed!

Btw if this resets what i modfied, what do i need to do if i wanne modify my database and being able to save progress in game?

hope this works, i had a mess about in the database as iwas bored driving against the same layouts, i am more than happy to switch files to go online if needed!

Btw if this resets what i modfied, what do i need to do if i wanne modify my database and being able to save progress in game?

My comments were regarding using mods and driving in multiplayer, database changes are a no-no in MP.

As for career mode, you can usually do what you want, but even offline mode seems to have an online aspect. If you have joined Racenet, there is limited info about your career, I don't know what they capture data-wise, but they obviously know some info about your career. Not that this is relevant to what we are talking about here.

I am not saying that your game save (or anything else) WILL be effected in any way by modding ....... just that you should never fault-find any problems you have, when mods are actually installed.

If something isn't working correctly you must eliminate potential sources, and take them out of the equation. Essentially go back to basics (standard install) and start again. If everything is ok at this point, then one of the mods is likely be the problem (or a combination of mods). All you can do is add the mods again one by one, testing at each stage, trying to find out at what point you get the same fault again. If the fault does come back then you will know the culprit. If it doesn't come back and all your mods are re-installed, then hooray! Put it down to a corrupted file ........ and hope for the best :)

Yeah was thinking of using 2 installs, one for online and one to mess about.

Question tho can i avoid installing the patches? because that seems to be doing it, altho its possible i edited the database wrong which would make it crash not start up >.<

What do i exactly need to mod without the patches?

You can disable the automatic patching via Steam :-

Right Click on F1 2012 > Properties > Updates Tab > From the automatic update drop down menu select "Do not automatically update this game"

I got a feeling that we may have seen the end of the patches with patch 12.

In think the double install thing will only work if you copy the game so that you have 2 separate F1 2012 folders in Steam. Then rename them when you want to play. So you might have :-

F1 2012_Original
F1 2012_Modded

Then depending on what you want to play at the time, you would just rename one of the folders to F1 2012 ....

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back