Steam Account Info

Btw, we could create a "Presto GP" group on Steam. Easier to find each other if just everyone joins that group. Announcements could also be made there :) But I guess not everyone is on Steam yet.. But next build it will be mandatory..

just copy over all the stuff you need from your old standalone installation and all will be the same, unless youve deleted the old install then its all still there :)

and if you have deleted the old install then youve just lost it all im afraid :(

Hi
Ive made a fresh rfactor2 installation on steam and i've installed the trackmap plugin but it seems like it is not loaded by the game.
I downloaded the 0.96 version available at Internationalsimracing forum and i followed the guidelines to install it, as its only needed to copy the file contents over the rfactor2 root folder. I also installed .net framework 3.5 and the dependencies listed and tried several combinations of the 32 and 64bits versions of the plugins to try it being loaded by the game, but it doesnt get loaded even in the 32 bits or 64bits version.

The files the plugin has:
Bin32/d3d9.dll
Bin32/Plugins/TrackMapPLugin_x86.dll
Bin64/d3d9.dll
Bin64/Plugins/TrackMapPLugin_x64.dll
Plugins/TrackMap
Inside the trackmap folder there are 2 .cnf files, one .ini, an exe, and folders.

I never used trackmap but i have the Fanaleds plugin installed and is being listed,

Has anyone experienced the same issue with trackmap and win10 64bits? And is there any way to solve it?
Many thanks

@KikoValle I'm on Windows 7 but I had a similar issue when I installed it. The link given with the plugin points to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2012. I had run those, but that was not enough... After installing the plugin, in ...\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Plugins\TrackMap\Redistributable there are also 2 exes. They have the same names as the ones above, but there are the 2013 versions! And my machine needed them obviously: after running them too, the map appears in the plug in list from the setting, and most important it shows up on track! Maybe it will work for you too? Make sure also that you put the files in the proper folders.

maybe you solved my question.... i copied the plugins to the rfactor2 root folder, that iis outside the steam folder, as i can see there is another rfactor2 inside the steamapps folder of steam. Ive installed the redistributable 2012 and 2013 version, so i have to check if i have the rfactor2 folder inside steamapps folder.
Ill try it as soon as possible and post here if it works.
thanks

Ive just search the folder inside steam folder and it exists. Copying the plugin contents there makes the plugin work for me. As i'm new to steam i didn't know that.
The right way is to make a mouse right button click over the game, click on properties, and go to the local files, thats the right folder to place the plugin.
Thanks @alexSchmurtz as your post made me figure wher ethe issue was :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%