1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

STCC2 @ Zolder'10, Thursday, 30 January 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC2
    Track:Zolder'10
    Weather: Dry
    Games: STCC2, WTCC'10

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification SUPERPOLE
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (45 minutes, no mandatory pitstop)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Nelson Ullinskey
    3. Aaron Channer
    4. Björn Golda
    5. Shawn Rakestraw
    6. Arne Dopudja
    7. Gundars Brigis
    8. Reggie Blain Snr
    9. Stig Bidstrup
    10. Paul Hurlow
    11. Gasper Grebenc
    12. Christopher Hall-Nelson
    13. Janko Balej
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Looks like fun, I'll be there!

And also, I am not going to sign up for the Caterham or Formula races this week.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Yes please Dennis

4. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm a maybe for this one - tomorrow's post-work agenda includes badminton (definitely & non-time-conflicting) and a few games of pool with some beers (maybe and likely very time-conflicting ;))

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Like Bjorn, I might be able to make this one too. I have to venture out to retrieve my abandoned truck tomorrow around noon, but as long as that goes well, I should be back in time to make the race.

6. Dennis, I have been tuning a VW all night. I think I made it worse than it started, lol. Anyway, I am having an issue where it does not respond well exiting a corner under full throttle. It is good through the middle, but as soon as I press the gas, it pushes out with bad understeer. Any ideas on what to adjust? My thought was to adjust the shocks on the slow bump and rebound. Front softer and rear harder. That didn't seem to solve it completely though.

On another note, if you have a setup to post, I would love to try it to compare it with what I have. What sort of lap time should I be getting?

7. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

I'll be at work but would have loved to join my first event.

8. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

Count me in. The rest of the crew is unsure. :D

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

sing me up please ;)

11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Shawn Rakestraw can you post your svm file and include the degrees of rotation your steering wheel has.
    I'll take a spin and also post one.
    It's generally agreed that the Sirocco is a great car BUT that it takes a talented driver to get all of it's performance out.
    In the past it was considered to be a class above the rest and banned from our racing. Most of our drivers have tried it and gone back to other, favorite cars again.
    To keep things on the fun level, we don't discuss lap times before the event.

12. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

I easily gain atleast 0.5sec with a Scirocco compared to the chevy. But i like challenges. (We would have driven the Toledos for ulimate pain in the backside, but i really am too lazy to make skins for them aswell, so we opted for a compromise - Lacettis, because they are in each and every touring car pack. It was actually our least driven car, besides the Leon. :p)

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Shawn Rakestraw , After a few laps:
    Wow, this car [VW] comes with a ton of ffb, way too much for me and I would turn it down.
    The car is very sensitive to steering input. I have 360 degree wheel and had to reduce the steering lock down to 8 degrees to feel comfortable and maybe I could go a tad less.
    I had and still haven't curbed it all, a tendency to oversteer coming out of a corner and am taming it using controlled steering input[as in trying to use less].

I am at least as fast as I am with a WTCC car. I haven't compared it yet to any of the STCC cars that I drive. No idea what I'll be in this afternoon.

Attached Files:

14. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

Sign me in Dennis I promise to be good

15. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

Stig Bidstrup

16. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

sign me up plz

17. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Thanks Dennis, I created a thread asking to have one last night. Just waiting to hear back.

• Like Like x 1
  18. i will be there tonight :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks for looking at the VW setup Dennis. I'm probably not going to make it to the race though. My wife ended up working and I am at home with our 3 year old. I still have not made it out to retrieve my truck either, so there will most likely be something to get in the way. It's a shame too cause I was looking forward to driving the Scirocco.

20. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

im in!