1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

STCC2 @ Mantorp Park - Thursday 24th March 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Michael van Scheppingen, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT STCC2

Class: STCC2

Track: Mantorp Park (Default Track)

Weather forecast: Dry

Start Time: 20:00 GMT

Official Practice: 30 min
    Qualification: 10 min
    Warmup: 5 min
    Race: 2 x 30 min
    Pit Stop: Mandatory (Min of 2 tyres)

Notes: Click here to read the password and the rules!

Read and understand the RD rules!

Note from the race director:

The racing staff expects gentleman behaviour on track, meaning no over aggressive racing. Think before you make your move... and always keep each others "fun factor" in mind. Nobody likes to be punted off track in a race.
    The real art here is to be as clean as you possibly can. Try to drive your way up the field without contact... and everybody will have a great racing experience.

I can recommend the use of Team speak during these event's. You will get to know the guys you are racing against. Will be provided with some set-up help and might become handy during the race as people will inform you about accidents. Spun racers often announce their position on track and will warn you.

Grid will be closed 10 minutes before start of qualify! Signed up reserve drivers already present on the server during official practise, earn their starting position at this point.

Drive fast, fair and relaxed! \o/

2. Sign up list.

OPEN SERVER!

3. If it downloads in time count me in please Michael :D

4. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I just got a question. (wrong place I know) But if I buy STCC 2 will I then all the WTCC 2008, or the S2000 cars as you lot call it?

5. i am in

6. no mate only the stcc2 cars and camaro cup some volvoes 240 s60 and 850 est. can you put the volvos in tonight michael

7. sign me in please

8. Open server tonight. First come, first served :)

9. cool hope to be there- 53% downloaded so far running at 260 kb/s

10. I'll be downloading as soon as I get home, maybe we could do some fun pickup races :)

11. finished - see you soon

12. sign me in please

13. Nice racing, love the new cars - although hard to compare as given my limited previous RWD experience. Sorry I couldn't stay long at the comparision test Michael - as I beat my previous best lap quite quickly I'm not sure if they are actually faster. Maybe a club race with a full grid of both STCC2 and older S2000 cars would sort it out :)

14. I also love the new cars. The track was new to me and I had little time to practice, but very enjoyable. I tried the Toyota Corolla and it was nice and stable, although I think the track had little grip in places.
    Did a quick comparison of my old 2007 Honda and the new STCC 2 Honda. The new one seems much more stable to me, and I easily beat my old Honda time on my first lap with the new one.....

Thanks for setting up the event tonight Michael, great fun :)

15. STCC use different and faster tyres then WTCC i believe in real life. So that maybe explains faster times. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.