STCC - The Game (pre-release thread)

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
stccob0.jpg

On this site they say there is a STCC game coming. RACE 07 + STCC as a game or only STCC as expansion pack.

Sounds very interesting. Let it be true :)

STCC: STCC blir TV-spel
STCC Game

Nevermind said:
STCC AB and SimBin Studios AB will release the racing game STCC – The Game on PC this year with all the cars and tracks from this years STCC season. The game will be available both as a stand alone game and as an expansion pack for RACE 07 owners.

“STCC will be a year-round-sport when we finally can drive on our Swedish circuits with our Swedish teams. To create a game with SimBin, who is one of the world’s leading developers of racing games, makes it possible for us to create a virtual representation of STCC that will be incredibly close to it’s real life equivalent, Bob Huzell said, CEO of STCC AB.”

SimBin has under the spring visited all circuits and all test days collecting information and the game is currently in full production, with a continued documentation of the cars taking place on Knutstorp this weekend under the STCC premiere.

“To recreate many of the circuits that I’ve drove myself in my career as a racing driver and which I still thinks are among the funniest after many seasons in international racing has been a dream since 2003 when I founded SimBin, Henrik Roos said, CEO of SimBin Studios. And to make this in cooperation with STCC and their professional concept only makes it even better, Roos continued”

Simbin will be at Knutstorp this weekend with their big simulator park with fifteen simulators in use that will be test driven prior to the season. The goal is to also let spectators drive an early version of the Knutstorp track.

Pitstop is indeed mandatory and they have to change 2 wheels during it.
Depending on wear they change the desired tires as far as I know.

I have watched the first 4 round now from STCC. The tracks are very cool, all very short and twisty. No time to rest. The racing format itself is less attracting. Its only 1 race which is just too long. I prefer the medium distance 3 race format like in BTCC.
Also they don't know how to show action. Very often onboard camera's are enabled showing absolutely nothing special. They show it often with picture and picture (onboard and normal tv cam). The normal tv cam is then full of action but because so small hard to see.
Commentary is of course unknown to me in Swedish, but it just sounds dull. You hardly notice any difference in speaking before or during the racestarts.

In terms of touring car enjoyment to watch is now this for me:
WTCC -> STCC -> BTCC (BTCC is a giant step ahead in terms of spectaculair racing; except Brno, WTCC is boring to watch in 2008 so far)

The STCC Game/expansion/whatever will be cool. New cars, new very cool tracks. Hope they will balance the cars with the WTCC to have mixed class racing with it.

Yes, the commentators are pure crap in my opinion. Not so much that they are calm all the time but all the things they say wrong and so on... Way better when you are at the race and hear the commentators at sight!

And also that dual camera shot is crap. I mean, either have it in the car or show it from trackside, not both at the same time.

And to bash the top racing class in my home country a bit more I also dislike the long races and I think that the pitstops does not add anything at all to the races.

Of course there are som nice things to, as the tracks but also the cars. It makes you wonder why there arn't more brands in the WTCC if STCC (and BTCC for that matter) can host so many. Sure, most of them are privateers but they are competetive. The sounds of the Volvos are awesome aswell and Merc sounds great to. Backfires alot, at least in Gothemburg :)

I think that the cars will be well balanced with the WTCC cars. After all, Mattias Andersson is racing with Thompsons Alfa from '07 :)

@Richard: Well done in Gbg! Not in the top but you had fights all the way I belive. The race on Saturday that is, I stood in turn 3 where alot of things happend :)

Yes, the commentators are pure crap in my opinion. Not so much that they are calm all the time but all the things they say wrong and so on... Way better when you are at the race and hear the commentators at sight!

And also that dual camera shot is crap. I mean, either have it in the car or show it from trackside, not both at the same time.

And to bash the top racing class in my home country a bit more I also dislike the long races and I think that the pitstops does not add anything at all to the races.

Of course there are som nice things to, as the tracks but also the cars. It makes you wonder why there arn't more brands in the WTCC if STCC (and BTCC for that matter) can host so many. Sure, most of them are privateers but they are competetive. The sounds of the Volvos are awesome aswell and Merc sounds great to. Backfires alot, at least in Gothemburg :)

I think that the cars will be well balanced with the WTCC cars. After all, Mattias Andersson is racing with Thompsons Alfa from '07 :)

@Richard: Well done in Gbg! Not in the top but you had fights all the way I belive. The race on Saturday that is, I stood in turn 3 where alot of things happend :)

I agree fully here :)

Or more then 4 :)

Entry List STCC 2008

1 Fredrik Ekblom West Coast Racing BMW 320si
2 Robert Dahlgren Volvo Original Racing Volvo C30
3 Richard Göransson Flash Engineering BMW 320si
4 Thed Björk Honda Racing Honda Accord Euro R
5 Jan Nilsson Flash Engineering BMW 320si
6 Robin Rudholm West Coast Racing BMW 320si
7 Tomas Engström Honda Racing Honda Accord Euro R
8 Roger Eriksson Nordic Fine Art Seat Leon
9 Tommy Rustad Volvo Original Racing Volvo C30
14 Tommy Kristoffersson KMS Audi A4
17 Andrey Smetsky Artman Racing Honda Accord
20 Mattias Andersson MA:GP Alfa Romeo 156
21 Johan Stureson IPS Motorsport Peugeot 308
22 Thomas Schie Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden Chevrolet Lacetti
28 Carl Rosenblad Elgh Motorsport BMW 320si
90 Tobias Johansson Brovallen Motorsport Mercedes C200
93 Dick Sahlén Team Caliber BMW 320i
95 Tobias Tegelby Brovallen Motorsport BMW 320i
96 Viktor Huggare Huggare Racing BMW 320i
97 Joakim Ahlberg Brovallen Motorsport Jr. BMW 320i
98 Joakim Frid TBA
99 Ronnie Brandt Mälarpower Motorsport Volvo S60

:D

source: TouringCarTimes - STCC: The STCC 2008 starts this weekend!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back