STCC - The Game 2 for SimBin's RACE Series

Yeah I can see where you're coming from Bram:). I'm guessing they probably just thought that anyone interested in buying STCC2 would already either have STCC1 or Race On.

I'm also thinking that these addons are very much about wrapping up Race 07 for retirement. As said somewhere at RaceRoom, that once these addons are out we'll get info on their new title, so maybe their attention isn't fully on these addons now.

pricing aside, the new stcc field makes for great gameplay, just had an absolute blast with a group of mostly Swedish guys from here at RD on one of those tight Swedish tracks, the new Corolla is just great, as is the Scirocco, gotta love them (and to think I only payed €9.95 ...) Curious what will be next, nice way to wrap up an old and slightly tired franchise.

pricing aside, the new stcc field makes for great gameplay, just had an absolute blast with a group of mostly Swedish guys from here at RD on one of those tight Swedish tracks, the new Corolla is just great, as is the Scirocco, gotta love them (and to think I only payed €9.95 ...) Curious what will be next, nice way to wrap up an old and slightly tired franchise.

I agree with that, I am already eager for the next addon too. It is nice to have new stuff regularly (without having to pay a subscription ;) ) for only few bucks. Even with its old engine, the Race07 series is the one I enjoy the most. And it is not about supporting any developer, with ISI and Kunos, SimBin is one of the few that really deserves it. ;)

Received a mail last night on 23:50 from the helpdesk.

Hello again,

I apologize for the delay but I am unable to investigate this further until our offices are open on Monday morning.

I would like to help you get on the track now though. I will provide you with one activation for STCC - The Game 2. Please find the code below.

STCC - The Game 2 Activation: xxxxx-xxx.....

I hope this helps. I will be in touch as soon as I have a resolution on your purchase. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Getting a bit tired to read the "support developer" lately :D I only support developers that deliver good content, thats worth buying. If I want to support people I send my money to Unicef, Warchild or take the mrs out for diner :)

The content is still good to buy, don't get me wrong. But especially steam could handle a more DLC like pricing model, where everybody can buy what they are missing.

I think the majority of the people that bought RACE 07 for five bucks in a store have absolutely no clue tht there is more to buy than just that game.
Every time you start up the game, what's on the right in the main menu? Links to DLC's. so these people must know it.

I bought the game few days ago now from RR and no different really to steam..
activation on steam ,steam DL all works well I would think it updates and patches just the same..Im happy with it none the less..:)
I like the new cars but I must say I only got it
for the chevrolet cruze ....having a few others is a bonus for me :)
just having it on the grid gives the game a new look and a modern feel
keep em coming... Honda civic next please !! haha

I want to know if any plans are in the pipeline for a BTCC game / add on ??
if there is talks of wrapping up the race series then send it off with a bang
and that being BTCC 2011-2012 addon :cool::cool:

Anybody know why there hasnt been anything from simbin ?
or since the old toca 1 days :frown:

I want to know if any plans are in the pipeline for a BTCC game / add on ??

All we 'know' is based on rumours and some icons included with STCC 2. Whether they indicate what is coming or whether they are just redundant images that were not removed, no-one knows.

Anybody know why there hasnt been anything from simbin ?

You'd be better of asking Alan Gow. He seems very protective of the BTCC license. Perhaps he's making it too awkward or costly to aquire, so SimBin are simply steering clear of it altogether. I would love to see another BTCC sim myself, but I don't think it's going to be one of the expansions.

no...not 80€ ;)
1. of five addons was FormulaRaceroom -> free!
2. of five was STCC2 -> 10€
3. to 5. will be WTCC10, the Tourers from 1987 or the Zonda or the Injection series ....what ever -> 30€

so we end up with a maximum of 40€ and not 80€ ;)
and maybe one of the addons would be 5€ I don't know...so in my opinion 80€ is really unrealistic!

no...not 80€ ;)
1. of five addons was FormulaRaceroom -> free!
2. of five was STCC2 -> 10€
3. to 5. will be WTCC10, the Tourers from 1987 or the Zonda or the Injection series ....what ever -> 30€

so we end up with a maximum of 40€ and not 80€ ;)

and maybe one of the addons would be 5€ I don't know...so in my opinion 80€ is really unrealistic!

You gonna spend 30-40€ on the rest of the addons? I find that excessive, sorry maybe I'm not that big of a fan of the Race series. I didn't find the STCC2 really worth it or ground breaking in any way, I did however really like the FormulaRR addon, and it was free! :)

I just noticed, that the expansions will not cost 80 but about 40€...nothing more ;)

anyway...why do you think this is excessive?! I'm really no fan of the race series (and Simbin!) myself but I definitely want to support racing simulations and as I assume Simbin needs every support to remain in the scene of racing simulations and I'm absolutely willing to support them even with 80€ ;)
In my opinion excessive would be to invest 40-80€ into games like Sh*t2 or on cigarettes/alcohol each month...what are 40€ as an investment in racing simulation future compared to that!? there are many other ways to wast 80€ and get nothing in return for them :D ok it's a bit off topic...but I hope you understand what I want to say ;)

anyway in my eyes STCC2 is totally worth the 10€...and the other addons will be too ;) just think about the fact that every racing game has DLCs and they don't enhance these game either..."only cars" or "only a track"..."a new game mode"? hm...in my eyes a complete series like STCC/WTCC and great online racing in a real scenario associated with that is much more worth then 10€ :D

Not sure why STCC 2 should have been 'ground breaking'... it's an expansion for an aging sim, not a new game. They couldn't overhaul the physics or graphics, so what does that leave? Cars and tracks, which is what we got. It cost me less than £9, which was easily worth it.

As for the other expansions, I'm personally not just going to blindly buy them in the name of supporting SimBin. If the content interests me, I buy. If it doesn't, I don't. I don't have a great deal of cash to spare, but if I end up getting all five expansions with content I want for under £40. I would consider it worth the money.

You'd be better of asking Alan Gow. He seems very protective of the BTCC license. Perhaps he's making it too awkward or costly to aquire, so SimBin are simply steering clear of it altogether. I would love to see another BTCC sim myself, but I don't think it's going to be one of the expansions.

Yeah just being an addon I guess wouldnt do it justic your right it would need to be BTCC game or part of the new RACE series if there were to be any hopefuly it will live on and after the new GTR game is completed who know's ?? BTCC the game might just happen !!
come on Simbin dig deep into your pockets!! codemasters did it with F1 hahaha

Can you imagine how BIG it would be if it came off !! WOW :pray:
(I live in hope lol )

Everybody can make up their own mind :) I was just sharing my opinion as I find it a bit excessive for an old engine so close to rF2 coming out. That said, I probably will buy some addons anyway like a hypocrite! Who can resist new content! haha

SimBin are nothing to do with rF2, so what has their pricing got to do with it's release date? :confused:

Well they do use the Gmotor2 engine by ISI. rF2 will have the new engine and tyre model, RACE and all it's "new" addons will still have the old engine and tyre model.

You're saying if rF2 came out tomorrow you would continue to buy 40€ of Race addons? I wouldn't.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back