• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

STCC @ Poznan, Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,091
    Knowing you Reggie, it wont be far off. :thumbsup:

2. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει.

Ratings:
    +107
    upload_2015-2-24_20-55-20.png
    ................................I'm in...

3. István Milbich

István Milbich

Ratings:
    +12
    sign me up please

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,091
    Well done the winners. Bad luck who ever came second. ;)

I enjoyed my time in the Race 07 Club again. See you all soon Glad Dennis was there as not much fun once the fast guys had gone.

Remember Dennis, when you allow low aids, I'll join some of the faster car races. :thumbsup::thumbsup::whistling::whistling::D:D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ratings:
    +592
    After struggling with both the lack of practice and the Cruze... I switched to the Peugeot 407 and found some speeeed :)
    Reggie and Peter were way faster, as usual, but Istvan seemed to be at about my pace and Alex wasn't too far behind when practice #2 came to its end.

Qualifying in P4, IIRC, I had a pretty bad start, but hugging the inside and Reggie starting worse helped me keeping position and I even managed to get up to P2. After a while, Reggie turned up at my rear bumper and went by after a while. Kept Istvan at bay afterwards and gained some time once his tyres started to go - P3 in the end.

After the L1 traffic cleared up a bit, I had gone by Andy and Dennis was up next - with Peter battling Istvan first and then continuing to Alex, both lost time and I closed in on the group soon enough, starting off a nice battle.
    Really nice racing, although Peter DNF'd after a while and Alex went too wide through one of the T1 iterations - P2 in the end, with the gap to Istvan growing again once his tyres were gone.

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you next time!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Peter Ell

Peter Ell

Ratings:
    +107
    Qualifying => driving mistake => second. Such a pity... I had the ability to do it.
    Still, Reggie deserved his pole position.

Race 1
    I had a very good start and I got the lead, I tried and eventually achieved a safe gap from Reggie. I kept my position with 1 or 2 seconds going up and down all the time.
    Very nice race! Reggie felt like a nightmare behind me... he was waiting for my slightest mistake which was very exciting for me but being 50 years old, this made me dizzy and had my eyes rolling. I don't know if I can endure this for much long.

Race 2
    Started last, got in P3 in lap 4.
    Trying to pass Odell so I could catch up with Reggie, an accident happened and suddenly, I found myself drinking a beer while listening to music in my home.

Thanks Dennis for making this event possible for us.
    And thanks to everyone who joined this race.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Peter Ell

Peter Ell

Ratings:
    +107
    Oh @Arunas ! Where were you? You should've seen @Björn driving your peugeot, I think he is driving it behind your back when you're away. :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 2
  8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Played with t he SEAT but gave it up in favor of a well tuned Honda, oh and I love the exhaust note! Very pleasant to drive and a good pace.

R1:I got too close to Reggie and Istvan in T1 and ended up out in the sod farm. After recovering I gained on Snr and Andy a few laps later. Andy wnet off on a close pass in T2 a few laps later and I waited. The rest of the race was a you, first, no please you first. Oh well.

R2: What happens when two drivers, close in times run together? Experience does not trump old age and Andy was in the dirt again. Race ruined for both of us.

A "sorry" to Andy only helps so much. I 'll try harder.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Ratings:
    +257
    SHame to have only a small grid of 9, even fewer for race 2.

I qualified in the middle and got a really good start, but couldn't capitalise as I was boxed in by Bjorn and István. Slotted into 5th behind them and that's where I stayed. Battled with István in the early laps as he seemed to not be used to the cold brakes and tyres, but once his Alfa had warmed up, he was off, and I was on my own.

Race 2 I started 4th, got another good start and could make the most of it. Reggie blasted past me in the BMW but I overtook others and when Reggie nudged Andy wide at turn 2, I slipped through and took 2nd. I stayed with Reggie for all of a lap before he settled down and sped off. Peter caught me hand over fist a couple of laps later, but must have locked up/braked too late at the hairpin and hit me, we both went wide and a couple of corners later I saw him spear sideways into the barrier very fast and wrecked his car. Bjorn and I were close for a lap or so but I mis-judged braking for turn 1 and went wide, letting him and István through. Once again i was on my own for half the race.

Nice track. A few more drivers to help pad out the rather sparse midfield would have been good!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,091
    No chance, we need more at the back. That's where the real racing is and where the fun is. ;) :) Anyone can win, but coming last is hard work.
    :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Ratings:
    +308
    @Björn so how my Pug is racing? :)

12. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Ratings:
    +592
    Heh - merely okay off the line, but a competitive general pace. And it's so, so stable, compared to "my" other cars (Cruze, Leon...) - though these might be my setups, I guess? ;)