1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

STCC @ Porsche Leipzig, Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Björn, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC, STCC2
    Track: Porsche Leipzig download here!
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games:STCC or Race On, STCC2

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Björn Golda
    2. Dave Morley
    3. John Grant
    4. Peter Ell
    5. Carlos De La Torre
    6. Nelson Ullinskey
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

2. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

OK then

3. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

4. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

upload_2015-3-23_17-25-58.png
    Beautiful, lovely, good-looking, nice track. A very good choice Bjorn....
    I hope... to come some drivers yet, to admire this track. I'm in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sign me up

6. Yes please!

7. Björn

Björn

Although signups were low, this was some good fun, thanks for coming out to race, everyone!

After qualifying 2nd and rather easily surviving an unspectacular start into race #1, Nelson and myself had a nice bout for a few laps, until he visited the grass sections a bit too often and lost a few metres - meanwhile, Peter was pulling away and it wasn't until the last lap (where he seemingly slowed down, because.. um.. ;)), that I saw him again: P2

A worse start into the second race put me at the back of the pack, but after a few laps of sorting out, it once again was Peter in P1, with Nelson and myself behind, having yet another nice battle. Unfortunately, I then greatly misjudged Nelson's braking into the final set of turns, bumped into him and spun myself out - whoops! Fortunately, however, he chose the grass path once more and I was back at his rear bumper a few laps in.
    Albeit some more fighting, I couldn't find a way around him - 3rd place it was.

See you next time, everyone!

@Carlos De la Torre - Race On is currently, as all older SimBin titles, not available on Steam due to legal stuff (which they take their merry time sorting out, TBH). However, you can still purchase it on 3rd party sites which will then give you a Steam key to redeem in your Steam library. Race On in particular is available over here for a mere 1,51€ (unchecking the buyer protection, or 2,21€ if you choose to keep it), as are other Race 07 addons, should you miss anything else.

@John Grant - here's the pitting guide I mentioned, might come in handy for Friday ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

Unfortunately, few drivers were at the start therefore lap time "differences" between each drivers were very visible since there wasn't people to "fill" the gaps.
    Personally, I don't like such big gaps and especially with drivers I like to race with.;)

I don't know if this is the right thread to talk about this BUT...
    It seems really weird that suddenly from "full" grids, we have become almost empty.

Thanks Bjorn for this event and for the track choice.:thumbsup:
    Really, Leipzig is a nice track and I enjoyed a lot.:)
    Thank you guys for participating.
    See you around...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  9. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

Good wright up Björn and thanks for the {it Job i will attend to it, As Peter said this might not be the place to discus this. However Friday will probably be my last race with you guys, from who i have learned a lot, My Thanks to Dennis/ Bjorn and the rest of the guys really a great bunce of Chaps,
    My problem is: to little interaction, prior to race every one pops up at the last minute, we race and the bell rings, Cheers guys /Goodnight.
    Secondly i don't find any motivation in racing, nothing to achieve, no point system to work for .No Attendance Point and race Points, lol i usually come last and race by myself, so instead of paying a small fee, why not just go and bump around on other races , at-least there is some action, i either get kicked or scolded,
    May be u guys would start thinking about this,
    This is just my opinion for what its worth. I might pop in occasionally on TS to say hallo, if i will be allowed

• Love Love x 1
  10. Björn

Björn

Well, what can I say - it would be a shame to see you part, especially with both your improvements during the last few weeks and you gaining some company at the back in recent races, if I observed correctly.

But can't blame you for pondering leaving, really - signup numbers have been pretty.. catastrophic, to be honest, with 3 out of 10 races happening (counting in today's Minis). This has also led me personally to not practice as much for the races, as.. well, as they might not be happening. Hence, I spent less time on the servers & TS indeed.
    However, for the time being (read: next few weeks), we're gonna keep on running 5 events/week - if anyone feels that's too much, feel free to ignore Mon & Wed, and you're back at the "good old" Tue/Thu/Fri schedule :)

As far as points/achievements/incentive for competing is concerned.. well, the "micro series" idea we originally mentioned will most likely not happen, unfortunately.
    For those looking for something with a scoring table, however - the idea of trying to get a new league running has been discussed briefly and we might pick up on that during the next few weeks. Don't want to promise anything (especially with current signups), but you might wanna keep an eye out on that :)

So, in conclusion, I sincerely hope to see signups rising again, as well as continuing to contain your name, John ;) Should they not, however: It's been a pleasure having you :)

11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

I would join a few more races if the option to have tc, abs, low stab etc was available. I find that some of the cars are difficult to drive in Race 07 without these aids and when I do bother, the superfast usual aliens always leave you behind anyway. Motivation is hard when its like that for me personally.

12. Björn

Björn

I think "sacrificing" either Mon or Wed for the "user request" day might be an option to take care of that, offering you guys to request certain track/car/setting (aids, length, start mode, pit stops...) combos.
    Dennis is set to return in the next few days, if I recall correctly, so stay tuned for short-term news on that one ;)

• Like Like x 1