1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC @ Nordschleife, Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC2
    Track: Nordschleife
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games: STCC2, Evo

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification Time Attack
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 3 laps)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. -Dennis Phelan
    2. -Nelson Ullinskey
    3. -Krzysztof Wolek
    4. -Belet Michel
    5. -Björn Golda
    6. -Tobias Liesaus
    7. -Gundars Brigis
    8. -Murat Erdogdu
    9. -Arunas Linkevicius
    10. -Janko Balej
    11. -Hristo Milushev
    12. -Bob Miley
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. Put me down for everything this week ;)

No more interference from anything else. As much as this track scares, and I will have minimal time to practice, I am looking for a good time.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek
    Premium Member

I can't miss this one. Not much time to learn the track, but at least I shoudn't be too worried about getting +1 lap :).
    What do you mean by 2x3 laps? Will there be race one (3 laps) and race two (3 laps)?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

Two three lap races.

5. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek
    Premium Member

Ok Thank you.

6. Good the time trial and the race i'm in, sign me up, den!
    Enjoye!

7. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in :)

edit:
    In case anyone's interested - here's what I'll likely run on Tuesday, not that far away from the default/Simbin setup, but at least the fuel's already calculated for three laps, eh? ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack:
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  8. yeah! sign me up, please :)

9. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Sing me up please ;)

10. me too, please ;)

11. Hristo Milushev

Hristo Milushev
    I thank Kenny Paton, for my premium

Back on the club. Sign me up, please:p

12. Sign me up please.

13. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in, but maybe

14. Hristo Milushev

Hristo Milushev
    I thank Kenny Paton, for my premium

unfortunately I can not join. track unknown. Sorry

15. Björn

Björn

Hey Hristo - you'll need GTR Evolution (Steam/Cheaper) for the track, maybe it's just not installed?

16. sign me up please Dennis

17. great racing tonight guys, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek
    Premium Member

Woow it was tough one. First - sorry guys for this crash on L1 in race two. I apparently have a problem with starting from P1 which sooner or later leads to some stupid spin or other mistake.

For me both races were rather lonely driving for most of the time. I managed to finish both waaay behind the next driver before me, but at least I saw some progress in timing in latest laps. Thank you all for nice racing and good fun.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Björn

Björn

Great fun, as you would expect at Nords :)

The good news: I was quite a bit faster than the last time we went here. The bad news: still not really consistent ;)
    Put a few laps in yesterday and went onto the server early. Got sub-7:30 in P1, suddenly struggled to do so in P2, so I wasn't too sure going into qualy - race fuel it was.
    Fortunately, I really, really enjoyed my qualification lap - didn't touch anything, pretty much everything worked surprisingly well, apart from a tiny mistake at the small carousel - 7:22-ish it was. Of course, that still wasn't enough to beat the Bob Miley - P2 ;)

Started lousy, but I could hold P2, defending it against Murat who had a great start into both races. Bob pulled away a bit, but I kinda hanged on for the next lap and a half and we had some great racing - getting out of the carousel in L2, Bob went sideways for a moment and I could actually pass him to my own surprise - now, that surprise unfortunately made me (you gotta blame something, eh? :D) miss my brake point a few turns later and off he was - luckily, I didn't hit him while spinning around and inflicting both aero and suspension damage on my car.
    Dennis passed me on the straight and informed me about the unscheduled absence of my front bumper - I didn't think too much of it until I breaked into the last turns.. which turned out to become spinning into the last turns - whoopsies. Fortunately, I only increased my damage and missed Dennis' car there.
    Had to let Gundars by soon afterwards, but at least held P4 through the last lap.

Starting into race #2, I quickly went up to P2 with Janko in front of me - who turned out to be damn hard to pass - great racing :) Approaching the carousel section, I went off pretty hard, once more, though - back to P6, but not too much damage, slightly less top speed, IIRC. Regained a few positions through the first kilometres of L2.
    Managed to pass Janko at the carousel only to spin out a few turns later.. hnnnng.. fought back, passed him but Bob was way too far ahead so I settled for a more moderate speed to bring it home :)

Great fun, thanks for racing everyone!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

Super fun ,again :thumbsup:.Race 1 - I lost some positions in start as usual,and start great battle with Murat :) witch ended when Murat went wide somewhere in the middle of ring,then I try to catch Dennis ,but no progress,so lonely finish.
    The drama begin in race 2 :D ,so many action on the track - spins, crashes,overtaking and again great battle with Murat ...... just wooow :D.
    Tnx guys for good racing and tnx Dennis for setting it up :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4