1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC @ Nürburgring GP, Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: STCC2
    Track: Nurburgring GP
    Weather: Dry
    Games: STCC2

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification SUPERPOLE
    19:40 GMT: Warmup
    19:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)
    Please note the change in times

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. Belet Michel
    3. Nelson Ullinskey
    4. Joe Cannarozzo
    5. Alex Odell
    6. Björn Golda
    7. Arunas Linkevicius
    8. Daniel Linder
    9. Kimi Asumaniemi
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

A PRACtice server is up for everyone!
  3. i'm in,; sign me up pleaze!
  4. Yes please!
  5. Joe Cannarozzo

Joe Cannarozzo
    Premium Member

Hi guys, I'm in please. Thanks
  6. ajokay

Real-ish Racer

Yes please!
  7. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

I'm in - but likely not very competitive.. those first few corners.. ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Unpredictable evening, so I can signup on last minute
  9. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

Im in for this!
  10. I don't even remember the last time I raced at RaceDepartment, but count me in here! :)
  11. H34d5h07

@Kimi Asumaniemi

I rarely race with R07 these days, but can't say no to Nurburgring can we? ;):D
  12. Well today was not my day. Setup sucked, and whatever I did made it worse. Got spun out in the first race and finished sixth. In the second race, I lost it into T1 and would have slammed into everyone if I did not retire. So sorry if I hit anyone there. :(
  13. Björn

Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Well.. that was unexpected?

I did practice a few laps during the last days, however, most of them were in the Camaro - as expected, that, in combination with my kinda late arrival at P2's start, led to my first lap times being.. developable? :D
    However, I found a few seconds and managed to get to what seemed a pretty median lap time.
    I still took race fuel into quals as I wasn't feeling that fast and didn't want to get into too much trouble (well, didn't that work out? :D) - qualified 5th, IIRC.

Had a great start into race #1 and claimed P1 (Kimi in pole re-pitted and thus DNF'd, unfortunately). However, Daniel and Joe were pushing hard and I found myself under pressure defending my position. Took a turn too wide in lap 3 and had to let them pass.
    Now fighting each other, they couldn't quite gain any time, however, and Alex was a good 3-5 secs behind me - meaning I could enjoy watching Daniel and Joe for a few laps. Three-ish laps from the finish, it seemed as if they were in bigger tyre-trouble than me as I could pass Joe to get 2nd position and a few kilometres down, Daniel went wide (ironically, the exact same turn that I screwed up earlier ;)) and I could pass.
    Still, there were about 2 laps to go and both were still behind me - I was yearning for the finish line.
    Concentrating (and with better tyres, I assume), I managed to hold the position for an unexpected victory :)

Starting from behind in race #2, I didn't start quite as well but soon gained a few positions through T1 trouble - quickly fell back, though, as I took a turn too wide and went into the gravel. Now in P7 (Nelson DNF'd), I was hunting down Michel and Dennis. Upon 'arrival', Michel had passed Dennis, so we hunted him, again ;)
    Dennis passed, I followed soon and chased him - managed to pass him due to a smaller error (IIRC) and stayed in P5 until the end :)

Thanks for racing, everyone (great to see new guys in the grid!), and thanks Dennis for organization :)
    • Like Like x 4
  14. H34d5h07

Todays event is something I wish every race would be like. Epic, tight racing from start to finish. If you don't have pain in your wrists, sweat pour down your back, like a waterfall, and are almost the brink of falling unconscious, you're doing it wrong. Period!

First race I was so confident I would win. Picked up the lead, after chasing @Björn Golda for a few laps, at the same time as @Joe Cannarozzo kept breathing down my neck. After 2-3 laps, Björn made a tiny error, and I passed him, and so did Joe.

Close to the end, I had built up a small lead, and that's when I were confident I would take the checkered flag. On lap 9 (I think) I started to think about boobies and had a brain fart, and forgot to break (sorry, don't know the name of the corner but around T6, same place as Björn went of earlier) and found myself in the sand trap for a brief period. Both Björn and Joe passed me, and I finished 3rd.

2nd race, had the lead once again, But not for long. I think it was Kimi who passed me, but I took it back just to lose it again a little later. Few laps later Joe
    at T10 (I think?) did a extremely bravely move on me, and passed me on the outside. Beautiful done! However, I was able to pass him again.
    A little later Joe and one guy, who is not signed up, so I can't remember his name, were right behind me but passed me when Joe bumped into me at the chicane,
    I lost the control of the car for a few seconds. Gotta love FWD thou, just floor it, and turn the wheel at the direction you wanna go and voila, back on! :D:D

They both got away, so I slapped myself in the face, and could actually caught up with Joe. On the last lap, I manage to pass him, but once again, he bumped into me on the last corner before the start/finish straight, and passed me. But he were really kind, and slowed down and gave the position back to me. Once again, finished 3rd.

Epic race, just pure epic!
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I hadn't been club racing for almost a year, so it was nice to have some less serious racing again.

So I got the pole, with race fuel accidentally :)

I had already entered the grid at race 1, when I remembered that I should change the FOV to get wider view. As Björn said I got DNF'd. I had never before left the grid so didn't know that, but now I know :)

Reversed grid for the race 2 so I was on pole again. Had a good start but got hit behind into turn 1 by Nelson who had lost control, so you didn't retire just early enough ;) But no problem :) Managed to continue from P5 I think without any major damage. Quickly passed Dennis into turn 7. After the 1st lap I was on P3. For the next couple of laps I was just behind Daniel and Joe. On lap 5 or 6 I was on left side of Joe into the chicane. I know the Volvo was very good under braking so I out braked Joe who then bumped into Daniel. I was able to pass both and drove to victory.

Good fun, thanks!
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The back half of this track is so nice, the front could use a new face. Oh well a different track for next week!

R1: What a horrible start for me but I think it kept me out of trouble. I did nothing but problms beset other drivers. I just kept riving!
    R2: Lucky in T1 on the first lap my joyride ended soon after. L3 and a bump to Bob's rear set me back a few places. Belet and I fought for a bit, a very nice one but Bjorn was right behind. I managed a squeeze on Belet but trying to keep Bjorn penned up ruined my tires and he was past.

I hope everyone likes the track enough to come back on Thursday!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ajokay

Real-ish Racer

Having remembered the race was on Tuesday and not wednesday I joined practice with 7 minutes left. Not driven this track in Race before. Managed to find some midfield pace. Game kicked me out between practice and qualifying and it was too late before I realised, so rejoined qualifying and stayed in the pits, starting from the back. Was up to 4th after a collision ahead, then made a mistake and dropped to 5th behind someone who's name I can't remember and can't see on the sign-up list (!) They were slow out of the chicane at the end of the lap and I was alongside. Then all of a sudden they weren't there and back in the pits, so then I was worried I'd knocked someone off and then my race went to pot, before my internet glitched and kicked me out of the game anyway.

I've looked at the replay and there was minimal contact if any, certainly not enough to send someone so far off track and into the wall, so personally I don't think there was any blame there.

Thanks all again for a good race and Dennis for organising. Hope I can get this internet glitch sorted because it's ruining my racing at the moment.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1