1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC @ Jyllandsringen - Thursday 27th September 2012

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: STCC
    Track: Jyllandsringen
    Weather: Dry
    Games: STCC

19:00 GMT: Practice
    19:30 GMT: Qualification
    19:50 GMT: Warmup
    20:00 GMT: Race (22 minutes x 2)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Penalties & Incident Reporting: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Make sure to have read the general notes for the Race07 Racing Club!

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Dean Solomon
    2. Justin Swan
    3. Loz Reid
    4. Mark Guy
    5. -
    6. -
    7. -
    8. -
    9. -
    10. -
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
  2. Is this only STCC 08 or STCC 08 and 10
  3. Søren Mogensen

Søren Mogensen
    MadCape Racing

Is this the full Jyllandsring
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The track from STCC, I believe it's the full track.
    Only using STCC this race.
  5. SOLO59

Premium Member

Sign me up plz!
  6. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Sign me up please.
  7. Loz Reid

Loz Reid
    Premium Member

sign me up please :)
  8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Just wondering Dennis, is it 22 x 2 mins or laps? Only asking as i was about to set up the server.
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Ok mate, just had to check.

How you doing anyway, I haven't been able to catch you on team speak for a while, and we haven't been racing bumper to bumper either, no matter how slow we do it, lol.
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I just ordered my parts for the Win 7 install. I'll be able the help with servers after I get it up n running. It might not be the fastest install ever! All has been good, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. If I am home tonight in time I will defintely join.
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I'm out once again!! Getting fed up with not being able to make these races lately!

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

15. Sign me up please
  16. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium Member

I have the STCC but not STCC 2 - where can I find it. I have STCC in Steam.

Never mind - I found it in Steam. Try to download and sign in

Sorry, will not make it. Downloading taking far to long time. :(
  17. SOLO59

Premium Member

With only 4 drivers today, it was still a fun and challenging race! during race 1, at the first corner, some idiot in my house connected a device using wifi. That caused the entire game to "minimize" itself, asking if I would like to accept the device that was attempting to connect! By the time I was able to close that window, and then open up the game, my car had already made contact with the wall!!!! I was forced to drive with suspension damage way, way WAY back of the field. Then I got lapped by Mr. Reid. Second race was a fun event to take part in. I managed to stay competitive through most part of the race, however, I sustained suspension damage once again, but this time, the cause of that was inflicted by other drivers making contact with me. I'm not upset at any for the contact because I simply just wasn't fast enough with worn tires. Clearly I cannot handle these S200 touring cars with worn tires. For some reason, I feel like I can perform better under such conditions using the f1 cars from the 2007 mod. Those f1 cars are far more difficult to drive. I just don't understand myself at times. I'm not too sure if I will ever participate in these S200 touring car events again. I've had nothing but bad luck in them. It's like I'm being teased... In the beginning, all is well, but then as the race goes on, all hell breaks loose!!!!

Congratulations to the winners
  18. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Dean, I also find tire wear,heating to be a problem with these cars. I think it amazing that you can handle the F1's so much better than these.
  19. Dean, your car was showing brake lockups way more often than I expected. You might want to try a trick that Dennis taught me back in 2001. Lower the engine sounds slightly or increase the cars tire sound effects.
    I believe the pile up in the 2nd chicane was due to some sort of network warping issue. I was passing inside with a lot of room to spare when Vadim's car suddenly warped in to the inside of mine and I bounced be back and forth between both of you like a pinball machine.
    I was unsure of the protocalls for being in the middle of a pile up, so I pressed on. I hoped that you would't think I stuffed you in the corner. Vadim got me at the end with an agressive but legal pass anyways. The Audi just isn't very fast and the tire grip can be odd at times.
    I though the rest of the race went pretty well considering we were all within 100 feet of each other for most of the race.
  20. SOLO59

Premium Member

Eddie, thank you for the tip. I'll do some more testing with these cars and I will give that a try. I've been doing some thinking, and maybe I should keep trying.... After all, I'm here to experience some really good racing with everyone here at RD! And Eddie, as for that incident, I think the three of us was nearly three wide going into that tight corner. As I seen it all unfold right on the left of me prior to that turn, and I knew "something" was gonna happen there, and I just caught on the bad end of it... no one's fault really... Things happen... no worries