1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC @ Hockenheim short - Friday/Saturday April 10th/11th

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Class: STCC
    Track:Hockenheim short
    Weather: Dry
    Start Time: Saturday 1.00 GMT / Friday 9.00PM EST USA / Saturday 11.00am AEST AUS
    Practice: 30mins
    Qualification: 15mins - Superpole
    Warmup: No
    Race: 2x14 laps - One mandatory pit per race with 2 tire change.
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We don't run an active entry list. Please leave a message if you want to drive.

- http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=16495
    - http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=17562
  2. Yes please. Should be fun round Hockenheim:smile-big:
  3. Hmmm, Hockenheim... interesting. Count me in! :D
  4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I wonder if it's time for me to try the (gulp) BMS (gulp again). I gotta try it eventually, good excuse for coming last anyway.

I'll give it a test run sometime during the week. :doctor:

Where is that setup of yours Keith ??
  5. If I race this event Ill use the BMS with you Warren. Im gonna toy around with it right now and upload to the forums. Watch for a link to come.

6. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

7. Is it just me or has it been Hockenheim overkill lately? :D
  8. It is just you:)
  9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Ok Keith, time for you to play coach for me. I have attached my first (feeble ??) attempt to drive the BMS. I kept the setup pretty slow and stable for me to help keep the tail under some sort of control.
    Attached file includes the setup and a replay file from a practice mode session using the setup. Lap time was 1.07.5 :wilt:
    If you are able to offer some advice, I'd appreciate it, and if so, I can give you my email address for comments. Please bear in mind, I need a dummies setup, I'll never keep an alien (loose) one under control in race conditions. :poke:

EDIT for William: I'll use this skin, which kinda locks me into the BMS up front (so I can't chicken out :) ).

Attached Files:

10. Warren, if that's a bad time for you, then I guess I'll be at the back when you manage to get up to speed... :rotfl:
  11. Sorry I havent uploaded yet, work has been nuts, and its 8:00am and im planning for a 2 day trip to pick up a unit. I might be able to get a stable setup uploaded before I leave (in 4 hours).

The setup I threw together was defintely on the loose side. But I found the key here is remembering how wide the track really is and letting it loose at the apex, and through the exit keeping your speed as high as possible.
  12. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

See u all at the track in my racing suit(pyjamas).
  13. Here is the setup I had made when I ran a few laps the other night.

It was a rough start, but the car is responsive in the front and a little loose in the rear.

I would take this setup and change the following to get more rear grip.

-Raise front ARB
    -Lower Rear ARB
    -More negative camber in rear
    -Less negative camber in front
    -Add some to front spring stiffness
    -Lower Lock in the diff.

Those things will settle the rear of the car down.

Sorry I couldnt work on it before I left for my trip Warren, but try this out and play with those things. I will be home Thursday night, but am going to see Cheech and Chong live. Friday I would be able to test a bit if you want to.

My msn/email is kman4424 at hotmail.com if you want to get in touch with me quicker :)

Anyways im off 6.5 hours there hotel, and 6.5 hours back tomorrow. The hotel has an indoor water park ;)

Attached Files:

14. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

i'll be there, don't know which car i'll be using tho :giggle:
  15. I will try to be there mates.
  16. Race server is up...
  17. I'll give it a shot. I was going to work on my car this evening but it looks like it's going to snow :p
  18. I'll B there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.