1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC @ Falkenberg Saturday January 3rd 2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by William Yunck, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

This is a joint AU, USA event, but others are welcome - if there is room.

Server: Racedepartment AU USA
    Password: click here:

Class: STCC
    Track: Falkenberg
    Weather: Dry

Practice: 2.00 GMT (Friday 9.00PM EST USA) (Saturday 12.00MD AEST AUS)
    Qualification: 2.30 GMT 15 min (Superpole)
    Race: 2.45 GMT 2 by 14 laps (Forced Pitstops)

Notes: STCC expansion pack required - Pit stops have a minimum 2 tire change.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

1. Yves Larose - skin
    2. Keith Barrick
    3. William Yunck - skin
    4. Marcel vd Aa - skin
    5. Lu Chan
    6. Eric Kaczmarek
    7. Timothy Miller
    8. Gary Lennon
    9. Tyson Cierpial
    10. Edenilson Penco
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver

1. Gaynall Hudgins
    2. Warren Dawes
    3. Driver
    4. Driver
    5. Driver
  2. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

3. Sign me up car TBD
  4. I am in too I hope. I will be driving my daughter's C30 which is here

Attached Files:

5. Marcel vd Aa

Marcel vd Aa
    AC Paint Guru

Sign me up, i'll use the Volvo C30 with my synaptic skin.

Download Here
  6. sign me plz! Thanks William!
  7. You are Welcome! Happy new Years :)
  8. Sign me up Will... not sure which car yet.
  9. I'm in Will, Car and skin - TBD...
  10. Put me in reserves, please! Not sure on the car yet. Thanx!
  11. Have to work friday night. Wish everyone the best. Marty
  12. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

During this holiday period, my time is very restricted, I have a houseful of guests, and a few personal issues that make it impossible to plan my activities.
    However, if I can, I'll join at the last minute.
    Don't know why the other Aussies are missing though.
  13. Sign in please Will :good:
  14. I will be driving the Seat. After extensive testing I am able to manuever this track very well. I am looking forward to tomorrow evenings race.

Thanks again!
  15. Sign me up please.
    I will drive the Honda
  16. Can i join this race? If it's possible please sign me in, tks.
  17. Yes you can join :)
  18. Very nice good quality race! Now clean and fair is must in RD.
    Although I haven't the good result, I was happy and enjoy the race.
    Congrats winner Keith and Thanks to William and RD for the event. :thumb:
    See you next! 2009 Happy New Year All!

19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

This was good fun and very clean driving from everyone too. One thing about these STCC Events, they are fast, furious, extremely close, and one tiny error becomes costly. This is actually a very good sim.

I was fortunate to make it at the last minute, looked like I was going to be baby sitting while everyone was racing, but the rest of my family returned home just in time to give me the chance to join. I grabbed the Volvo S60, since I hadn't driven it before, popped in William's setup, and off I went. It wasn't bad to drive, but wasn't as nimble as the smaller Volvo and took a bit more stopping under hard braking. With some practice, I think I could grow to like it.
    I could manage a few quicker laps in this Volvo, but was too inconsistent to be competitive. Managed to make a mess of the Qualy lap so started near the back, but noticed a couple of others (er Marcel) did much the same.

Race 1. Couldn't get the big Volvo wound up and dropped to nearly last off the start. Had some nice racing with Tim for most of the race, and had my fingers crossed entering the pits this time. Woohoo, my pitcrew turned up this time, but were somewhat slower than some others though. Finally finished P4.

Race 2. Very similar, slow start, but this time I made a few mistakes which cost a lot. Good racing this time with Marcel and Tyson. Pitstop was successful but slow again, finally finished P7.

These STCC events are really good fun, but I'm not sure why we call them Australian / US events. I seem to be the only Aussie turning up. Pity, because they are very enjoyable and different.

William and I want to keep these as regular events in the New Year.
  20. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

Qualy : surprisingly i manage to get P2 only .164 from keith and something like .100 infront of Willi.

Race 1: had a good start but at T1 Marcel came flying and touch me a little costing me P2 and had suspension damage but it wasn't affecting the car at all, pitted on lap 9 and took 2 front tyres. again i was surprise coming out in first place, Willi made a mistake on lap 12 or 13 giving me a little gap of 3 sec so i was careful and took first place home.

race 2: started 8th and had a good start again but i tapped Warren at T1 and but didn't cost us anything but i lost it at the last turn of lap 1 and came out of the sand dead last, i've put my head down and was making my way back. pitted on lap 9 again and came out 8th not far from Warren, i was catching him but not fast enuff and i finished 8th.

overall : was a nice event and surprising too, love that STCC honda and the STCC tracks too, now we just need more aussie to join the event :clap:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.