1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

STCC @ Daytona, Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC
    Car: STCC2
    Track: Daytona '70 [download here]
    Weather:
    Dry
    Games:STCC or Race On and STCC2

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification (Superpole)
    20:40 GMT: Warmup
    20:50 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
    1. Dennis Phelan
    2. -Nelson Ullinskey
    3. -David Morley
    4. -Björn Golda
    5. -Aaron Channer
    6. -Peter Ell
    7. -Michael Klein
    8. -Reggie Blain
    9. -Reggie Blain Snr
    10. -Alex Odell
    11. -
    12. -
    13. -
    14. -
    15. -
    16. -
    17. -
    18. -
    19. -
    20. -
    21. -
    22. -
    23. -
    24. -
    25. -
    Server is UP!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

A PRACtice server is up with all the cars for the week on it.

3. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

[​IMG]

No, I can't remember why I made this :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This track has always presented a visual problem for me. When on the banking the view shifts as though I were tilting my head to the outside of the corner and then of course it comes back level on the flats. It's disturbing also to hit RearView and wen releasing it have a different angle presented. Does this happen to anyone else? IRL one does not tilt their head while on the banking to keep the horizon level but instead sees the track rolling into view from the top of the helmet or windscreen, been there, done that IRL. It's different, thrilling and I wish that's the way the view was in this sim.

I had this same kind of problem when using Track IR and driving here, after starting on the banking, BOY IS THAT GOING TO BE FUN, the track would tilt the wrong way when getting to T1, oh boy that was a handful!

5. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Hum.. not sure whether this helps, but this is the view I'm getting, normal vs. banking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nice choice of car :)
    Actually, that's about the same view I have :(
    Race_Steam 2015-01-22 18-23-55-494.jpg

Yup, that''s a fairly normal view. Cockpit camera movement should be set to 100% for a correct view!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  7. Björn

Björn

Alright then, GTP practice only up till now, but I'm in anyway ;)

BTW, are we doing rolling starts again? I think we switched to those last time after standing starts turned out to be quite.. eventful on Mon/Tue ;)

EDIT@20150126: Probably out as my internet's finally gotten unusable after connection issues every now and then.. Some of you know my disconnects during training sessions by now, and the two L1 disconnects during last week's races weren't a good sign either.
    On Saturday, I tried to join Alex doing some laps around Nurburgring and was constantly dropped from the AC (betrayal, I know!) server after 2-ish minutes.
    My ISP's on it, but I'm not too optimistic in terms of a timely solution.

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201504):
    [​IMG]
    For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

8. Hi all. Do I have to purchase a premium subscription to enter? I'm happy to as soon as I have cash, skint as a bean at the moment though, no cash in bank. :(

9. Björn

Björn

You're already licensed, so you're good to go for now :)

Although the licensing schema will be changed into that direction, it's not live yet - however, with applications already closed, going premium right now is the only way for new members to race, hence Dennis' post in the other topic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Björn. :thumbsup:
    Sign me up please, Dennis. :)

11. Peter Ell

Peter Ell
    Τό γοργόν καί χάριν ἔχει. Premium Member

upload_2015-1-25_22-45-11.png

• Like Like x 2
  12. EireGreen™

EireGreen™
    Premium Member

I´m in,Dennis.
    Thx :cool:

13. Another new track for me, and wow, it's bloody awkward to find the right setup. I kinda like the BBQ's around the track though. :D
    And the 93mph pit limit. :thumbsup::p

14. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

My dad and I will join please Dennis :):)

15. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

I'd like to join in please!

16. ajokay

ajokay
    Real-ish Racer

Race 1 didn't go too badly, i nudged @Peter Ell into turn 1 on lap 1 but thankfully he kept it going in the right direction and ended up finishing 3rd. After that, I slipped back a few laps in after a turn 1 overshoot and spent most of the race 10 seconds ahead of 5th and 10 seconds behind 3rd. Lonely 4th.

Race 2 I got off the line well and tried to stay high. Into turn 1 @Reggie Blain nudged @Nelson Ullinskey into me and we all span, A lap later i missed my braking point into turn 1 and slipped back. Then followed many other slip ups and eventually I spun into the wall at turn 4 after losing concentration and interest. DNF.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  17. RaceProUK

RaceProUK
    Is it wrong to prefer FWD racecars?

Quali: 4th, 1.3s faster than my best in practice :O_o:

Race 1: Standing starts on banking suck. And I ran wide in turn 1, dropping to the back. Still, made a few places back through others' mistakes, and then put a move on @Dennis Phelan into turn 1 on the last lap. Held on to finish 5th.

Race 2: Standing starts on banking suck. And I got caught out by a Chevy parked across the track :( Anyway, ended up 8th. Caught and passed @Reggie Blain Snr into turn 1 about halfway through (?), and managed to pressure @EireGreen™ into a mistake to take 6th. And thanks to @Nelson Ullinskey being a bit liberal with track limits on the back straight (wouldn't have caught you anyway I think ;)), that's where I finished.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Well, I had set of rather disappointing races. In both races, I got spun on the first lap, but I guess it's partially my fault considering I could have braked later. Anyways, the damage reduced my top speed, resulting in poor finishes.

Here's the track pack I mentioned in TS, @Dennis Phelan Tracks - Oval Track Pack | RaceDepartment

• Like Like x 5
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Our second "fast track", quite interesting as sometimes all you can do is sit and wait, oh the agony!

I put a good lap in for quali on race fuel, very happy.

R1: L1 into the second horseshoe I took the right hand option not realizing there were four cars lined up and didn't brake in time taking Nelson and Snr out, Ah but a great race developed in the back with Dave and Michael, lasting the entire race so I'd say that one was a really good one with bumping, passing all the way!

R2: Was more of a hang on until the fast guys passed. After giving Aaron a bit of trouble there was Peter, Reg and Nelson all looking to take pieces of me. I tired to give a good fight to all but I am just an old man :inlove: doing his best.

@Nelson Ullinskey, Looks like we need to send you to a driving school hmmmmm, maybe one in Simberia for purposely going over the track boundries :cry: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 5